Part. 61

(F/N) walked back into camp the cabins were packed up and ready to go, everyone just needed to know where. The younger man sighed, everyone was eager and waiting, they had been through a lot. (F/N) shook his head and walked towards the cabin, he needed to talk to Dutch, it would only be a matter of time before the Pinkertons showed up again.

As (F/N) walked up to the cabin someone yelled out to him, "(F/N), I need to talk to you."

(F/N) sighed and stopped in his tracks, it wasn't Dutch, Arthur, or Mary-Beth, it was Micah, "What do you want?"

Micah chuckled as if he had said a joke, "To talk to you."

(F/N) turned to look at him, he had a tired expression on his face, "About?"

The asshole cleared his throat, and gestured with his hands, "Us."

(F/N) turned away from him and started walking again, Micah growled and grabbed him by the shoulder, "Hear me out."

The gunslinger sighed again if hearing him out would get him to go, he would do just that, "What the hell do you want?"

Micah chuckled, as he spoke in a somewhat-earnest voice, "That island...it was hell. It helped me...see things...differently. Especially with how I've been treating you. My own son..."

(F/N) turned his head and spit on the ground, "I told you not to call me that. I don't want anything from you except to drop dead."

Micah frowned and kept speaking, "I've made a lot of mistakes. I'm not a good person. But I want to be a better father. I want to...get to know you. All I'm asking for is a chance, boy."

(F/N) glared at him, and spoke his mind, "A chance? Let me be clear, I hate you," he taped his holster, "If I thought I could get away with it I would kill you. It would take a world-ending event for me to change my thoughts."

Micah took a few steps back, and held his hand up defensively, "Just think about it, that's all I'm saying."

(F/N) turned and walked to the cabin as Micah walked off smirking to himself. (F/N) tried to focus back on his task but he found he couldn't. The young gun sighed and rubbed his face, was he being too harsh? Micah had never spoken to him like that, was he really being sincere? It was an odd thing to think about. (F/N) banished those thoughts from his mind as he heard Dutch's voice in the back of the cabin.

The gunslinger walked to the gang leader, he heard him talking to someone, as he got closer he realized no one was there except Dutch. The man with a plan was sitting on a chair facing the swamp, he was talking to himself, "White to D4. Black to F5. Knight to F6."

(F/N) cleared his throat, his expression change to one of concern, "You alright? What are you doing?"

Dutch didn't turn to look back at him he just stared straight ahead, "Working it all out. Once and for all, (F/N)."

He nodded, he was eager to hear the plan, "Fantastic, what do you have?"

Dutch smiled, as he spoke like he was somewhere else, "We're back and I'm sitting here contemplating the great journey of the sun and considering a famous chess move. Those goddamn Pinkertons and their benefactor the millionaire Leviticus Cornwall, they want us son. And they are gonna have us."

(F/N) raised an eyebrow, their leader wasn't sounding like himself, "So...were screwed?"

Dutch shook his head, "The game ain't over yet, son. I ain't played my final move."

(F/N) gave Dutch a hard look, "Game? This is not a game to me, we have lost too many people already...if we lose one more I'm gonna lose it."

Dutch shot (F/N) a look, and shook off his question, "People die, son. That's the way of life. Life isn't such a thing to cling onto so tightly."