Free Fallin'

Suzette

"Sammyyyyyy," I whined as I held onto his shoulders and he looked down pecking my lips. He laughed.

"What you whinin' for?"

"I don't want you to sleep on the couch." I pouted and he shook his head. "I know Sweetheart but it's just for one night. Ight? Now your sisters are gonna be here soon, you better put you some clothes on." I rolled my eyes before getting up and slipping into a casual black tube dress before I laid back in my man's arms. He kissed my hair. "What's wrong witchu SuSu?"

I looked up with my bottom lip poked out. "I miss my kids. Sweetie called me earlier but we was busy."

"You such a helicopter mom. You can't go away for a week without missin' your kids?" I shook my head.

"No."

"Well give her a call babe. I'm sure she misses you too," Sammy suggested and I nodded while laying across his stomach to FaceTime my baby girl. Shayne answered smiling after about the fourth ring.

"Hey Mama. Are you enjoying Paris?"

"Hey Sweet Babyyyyyyyy," I drew my words out causing her to laugh. "Mama, is you ever gone stop babying me?" I shook my head. "Nope. I missed you Sweetie, how are you? How's my grand baby?"

"She's good, she misses you. I caught her try'na call you earlier." Shayne chuckled, causing me to gasp.

"So you tellin' me you ain't miss your Mama? I thought you called me." I started boo-hooing and Shayne laughed.

"Mama, what's that on your finger?" Shayne asked with her eyebrows pinched together and my hand flew away from my face. "Whatchu talkin' bout?" I asked and Shayne squinted into the camera. "Ooool, Mama that ain't your wedding ring," Shayne pressed and I rolled my eyes. "Yes it is," I chuckled and she shook her head.

"Where you get that from Mama?"

"I don't know what you talm 'bout lil girl," I lied as I watched my daughter sigh. "Mama what if I told youuuu... I heard something I wasn't supposed to hear?"

"Nope, nope, nope, I don't wanna hear it." I shook my head as Shayne groaned. "Mamaaaaa, come onnnnn."

I looked into the camera to see her pouting.

"Fine. What you think you know lil girl?" I asked and Shayne smiled before speaking up again, "I maaayyyy have heard you and Daddy talkin' about getting a divorce." I gasped. "No you ain't," I said while shaking my head. "I diiidddd," she insisted as I continued to shake my head in denial of what she was saying. "That must have been a bad dream or somethin'. You musta been hallucinatin'," I said while laughing and Shayne sucked her teeth. "Stop try'na make me think I hear things Mama." I continued to laugh. "You do hear things."

"UGH... Mama I heard it. I was coming to check on you the day me and you was talking and you held me on the couch a few weeks after your surgery. I heard the whole thing even the part about you and my Goddaddy." My face went stale as Sammy took the phone out of my hand and Shayne busted out laughing. I hit his stomach pouting and he tapped my ass. "It's clear she know so what you try'na hide it from her for?"

I laid next to him to see Shayne cheesing and jumping up and down. "Thank you Lord, I knew I wasn't crazy!" She said as she pointed at the sky and I shook my head.
"You is crazy lil girl," I told her and she twisted her lips up. "Goddaddy, did you propose to my Mama?" She asked and Sammy nodded. "I did."