Like You Don't Love Me

Jennifer

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked as I entered the kitchen, digging a corkscrew into the top of the big bottle of Merlot I'd picked up from the store yesterday. "Mmm... doesn't matter," Winston said without ever looking away from whatever it was that he was annotating. It was probably this week's sermon. On my way in here I could hear him laughing and talking to himself so I knew whatever he'd written he'd loved. I poured myself a glass and then turned to take out everything I would need to make my lamb chops with sides of mashed potatoes, garlic green beans, mac and cheese, and biscuits.

"Whatcha workin' on there? Your sermon?"

"Yup."

"Wanna read it to me?"

"Um. Nah. It's actually goin' really good. Thanks."

I rolled my eyes and sighed as I began washing my meat. "Hey. Why you cookin' so much food? Justin's stayin' with your folks this weekend and Meech is fasting."

I shrugged without looking up to make eye contact because I knew I wasn't gonna get it. "We invited Suzette and Sammy over for dinner tonight. Did you forget?"

"Aw man, yeah I did. Thanks for remindin' me. I'ma take a quick shower before they get here." I looked up to see Winston getting up and closing his book and walking out of the kitchen without even looking at me.

I'ma make his ass wanna jump on me tonight, watch.

Suzette

"You sure we don't need to take anything, baby?" Sammy asked as he stood behind me squeezing me so tight he could have nearly picked me up off my feet and I giggled.

"Yeah, bae. Why you keep askin' me that?" I asked as I turned to face him and Sammy scooped me up to sit me on the counter in the bathroom. He shrugged as he stared at my lips. "I don't know. I guess I'm nervous because we havin' dinner with Bishop and his wife." I ran my hands down his chest before snatching him close by the rim of his pants. "Sammy, I came back from brunch with Jen drunk as I don't know what the other day. They more regular than you think. You ain't gotta be nervous, honey. I've known Winston and Jennifer for a long time. They good peoples."

"I just feel like I'm not gonna be able to be myself around them." I shook my head. "You don't gotta change who you are. I know you ain't worried because they church folks. I fell in love witchu twice, ain't I?"

"You did," Sammy paused to tap his lips on mine, "But ain't he cool with your ex?" I shook my head once again.

"No, bae. They was friends a long long time ago and even then they was nothin' alike. If I'm bein' honest with you I think Cortez saw Winston as a meal ticket— I heard he practically scammed him out of some money a while back. You ain't gotta worry about him runnin' and tellin' Cortez nothin'. I promise, ight?" I asked as I kissed his lips. "Ight." He kissed me back. "Now... you know better than to pull on me like that unless you try'na start somethin'." Sammy grinned before moving my hair out of his way to lick on my neck. I bit down on my lip.

"As much as I would love to fuck on you until we runnin' late... we already runnin' late. Winston and Jennifer are expectin' us to be at their house at six o'clock. And I got my peach cobbler in the oven." I giggled as Sammy's hand wrapped around my neck and he squeezed it as he pulled me into a kiss. "You lucky I like you like that. Don't nobody get to choke me like this." Sammy smirked. "I ain't just anybody. Now shut the fuck up and kiss me." Sammy lowered his head and quickly we fell into a slow, deep, wet kiss. Slowly my eyes opened to watch him kiss me down and I moaned a little. "You want my dick?" He mumbled against my lips in between kisses. "That's my dick," I reminded Sammy and he grunted before pulling me to the edge of the counter.