Spending Time With You

Sammy
Two Days Later

"Oh my God! This place is beautiful," Suzette said from behind me. I turned around to find her wrapped in that little ass silk robe with her hair still in that big ass bun that was all over her head. I laughed as I took her hands in mine and started kissing her. "Good morning Mrs. Harris," I put emphasis on her new last name and she laughed. "Good mornin' Mr. Harris. Ugh, you dirty. You ain't know that I brushed my teeth," Suzette made her stank face as I kissed on her some more and I grinned while looking down at her.

"I know my wife, don't play with me," I reminded her and she just blinked while staring at my lips before looking out onto the ocean. Today would be our second day on this island and already Tahiti was proving to be the most beautiful place on earth. I wasn't sure if it was because I was here honeymooning with the love of my life or if this place was truly that magical. But I was already enjoying my stay here in a real good way.

"You ready to go see that volcano girl?" I asked and Suzette started smiling and jumping with excitement and I couldn't help but to laugh at her.

"Yes! I got a new swimsuit, let's get ready bae. The chef's cookin' breakfast we can eat before we go!" Suzette pulled me inside.

Shayne
Late That Night

"Goddyyyy!" Zaya giggled, running into my room. Nizani followed soon after her and I laughed as I watched Nizani act like she was too slow to catch my baby. "AAGGHHH!" Zaya screeched as Nizani finally snatched her up and held her above her head. "I caught the speedster! I caught ha! She's mine! Bwahahahahaaaa!" Zaya giggled as Nizani blew against her cheek before putting her down.

"Go find your Godsis. She picked out a new toy for you," Nizani said and Zaya ran out the room smiling and calling for Evette. "Hey lover," Nizani said with a sweet smile as she sank into the bed and kissed my lips. "Hey. How you been?"

"Good. I been missin' you though Shay. Why you ain't makin' time for us?" Nizani pouted as she sat herself in my lap and I grabbed hold of her hips.

"You know I miss you too. I just feel like I gotta stay busy after the bullshit ass year I done had."

"Well why don't you stay busy with me?" Nizani laid between my legs kissing all over me and unbuttoning my jeans while doing it. "Nizani, slow down," I spoke up and she pulled back right away with concern in her eyes. "Just say it's me, Shay. Please just say it's me," Nizani pleaded and I sighed. "It ain't you," I started.

"Then why is it that every time we're right where we need to be you pull away? I don't feel like you want this anymore," Nizani's tears crashed down her face and I gasped as I sat up and sat her up with me. "You know I want it baby," I tried to assure her. "No, I don't. I understand that you've had to endure the worst of the worst. I really do. But half the time it's like I ain't even ya best friend no more. You don't confide in me no more, you don't check on me. You ain't even picked up the phone for Evette when she FaceTime you after school. Lately all you been down for is bustin' ya nut and that's when you ready for it. But what about when I'm ready, Shayne? What about when I need you? What about when I feel weak?"

"I'm sorry Nizani," I just wrapped myself around her and held her.

"I ain't realize you felt neglected. I love you Nizani. I wanna marry you." She turned around in my arms, sniffling up her tears. "You wanna marry me?" I nodded. "I do. I'm not gonna lie... I had a talk with my Mama and she asked me if I ever thought about getting married again. And I told her I didn't know. But... I've had some time to think about it and I realized... I do. And... I can't see myself doing that with nobody but you. I guess... I've been so caught up in trynna be there for myself that for a minute I forgot to be there for you too," I paused to caress her cheek. "I'm sorry... It won't happen again," I promised.