Fading Away

Shayne

"You cumming?" Nell grunted in my ear while fucking on me from the side as I moaned into the pillow. "Oh shit," I nodded as he wrapped his hand around my neck and pulled me into a kiss as he thrust deeper and deeper before turning me onto my back. He pinned me to the bed and took my breast in his mouth causing me to shiver as he swirled circles around my nipple with his warm tongue. He whispered that he loved me in my ear and I just bit down on my lip as he pulled out and nutted on my stomach. "Whew," he sighed as he laid beside me and I hopped up to take a quick steamy shower in the master bathroom. When I was through, I found my scrubs lying on the floor and started getting dressed.

"Where are you going?" Darnell asked as I sat down to tie my sneakers. "I gotta rush to pick up Zaya from camp," I responded shortly, mentally noting that I heard him sit up. "Are you coming back?" I sighed as I stood to my feet. "I can't come back, Darnell. I told you, my Mama is coming home from her trip to Paris tonight. When we talked, I said nothing about coming back here to stay any time soon... we both agreed that this would be just sex."

"When you gonna stop playing games, Shay? Can't you see how much I miss you? How much I miss us?" He asked and I nodded. "I do see it. But it's just not enough."

"So what's it gonna take?" He asked while approaching me and I took a step back and shrugged. "You don't wanna do what it's gonna take." I watched his shoulders fall before he sat on the edge of the bed like he was defeated. I stood beside him with my arm around his shoulders. "I love you, Nell. For the last five years I've been loving you with everything I got. But I can't let my love for you put me in a position I promised myself I'd never be in. I'm sorry." I kissed his head before walking out of our bedroom and leaving to speed across town and pick my daughter up.

The girl had the worst day ever, apparently. One of the camp counselors told me every time an adult said something to her she was talking back and not following instructions and she had got into a little spat with another little girl in her group.

"Zaya Noelle," I said while looking into the rearview mirror to see her face all pinched up as she sat in her booster seat with her arms folded. She looked into the mirror and caught my eyes. "What you pouting for? What was all that stuff the counselor told me about?"

She shrugged. "It wasn't my fault!" I focused on the road. "It wasn't your fault? You know better, Zaya. When an adult tells you to do something or to be quiet, you do what they tell you to do. You know you supposed to listen to them people," I reminded her.

"But I was mad," she said and I looked into the mirror to see her wiping away tears.

"I don't care. Mad or not, you do what adults tell you to do," I put my foot down. She smacked her teeth and asked, "Is we going back to Daddy's?"

"No we going to Nana house," I said as we turned into my parents' gated community. After speaking to the gate attendee briefly he raised the arm and I proceeded. "But you can spend the weekend with your Daddy if you want." I returned my attention to my child. I looked up to see her shaking her head as she looked out the window and sighed. "What were you mad about Zaya?"

She shook her head again.

"Um... you got in trouble so you owe me an explanation. What was the problem?" She looked into the mirror. "You and Daddy was fightin'. So I got mad."

I shook my head. "No we weren't Zaya. You misheard, honey." She balled her fists up and hit the arms to her booster. "Yes huh! I got out of bed and I heard it! I don't want Daddy to hurt you anymore Mama!" Zaya started crying so I started speeding in an effort to get to my parents' as fast as I could. When I pulled up and parked I got out to get a distraught Zaya out of the backseat and I leaned against the car holding her as her tears hit my neck. "Look at me Zay," I said and she held her head up.