Ten Thousand Hours

Demetrius Sapphire

"You miss me, Bunny?" I asked and Kaliyah sucked her teeth.

"I sound like I miss you Meech?"

"You right, let me not waste ya time. I'll let you go."

"See this the junk I be talkin' bout bro!" Kaliyah snapped and my eyes went so wide as I looked at my phone.

"What is your problem, Kaliyah?"

"You my problem!"

"How am I ya problem?"

"Because you a liar."

"Now I'm a liar."

"Glad you fuckin' know it!" "Yo, who you cussin' at, Kaliyah?" I cut in as she rambled on, "All that talk about how long you been crushin' on me and I ain't gotta worry bout yo past or none of the thirsty birds at the church— bullshit."

"Kaliyah..."

"Why you bother me?"

"I love you, Kaliyah. You know I love you. I told you I wanted to put a ring on ya finger. I ain't never told no bitch that."

"I ain't nobody's bitch."

"You my rib. I mean that. I know that."

"You don't act like you know that Demetrius."

"We been doin' this for too long. Tell me what I gotta do? Huh?"

"I gotta go. I got a scene in five minutes."

"You comin' home in three days. Come see me when you touch down."

"I'll see. I got plans." I huffed as I pulled out the cold tennis set I got Kaliyah to match my new watch.

"Tell me you love me."

"I love you."

I smiled. "How much?"

She laughed and I just knew she was rolling her eyes.

"Too much. Bye Meech."

"Bye baby."

I hung up and hit the steps to go look for my little bro. On my way up I heard my mom laugh and burp and I just shook my head. Too early for her ass to be drunk already.

I grabbed some water from the kitchen and as I was passing by the living room I saw my mom passed out on the couch spilling wine everywhere. The hell?

"Ma," I balled my face up, going to check on her. She laid there crying and shaking her head. "I'm so tired Meech," she cried. "I'm so tiiiiirrrreeedddd," she shook and I hugged my mom tight. "I love you Mama," I kissed her forehead and stood up. "Come on." I picked my mom up to carry her to her room and she dragged that bottle. I took and threw it and it broke and my mom just burst into tears as I took her up the stairs. I put her in bed and tucked her in and went to look for my dad.

They bathroom— No. They closet— No.

Justin room— "Yo!" I knocked as I entered and Justin turned around from his game. "You seen Dad?"

"Naw," he went to turn around. "Bro you printed them tickets for me?"

"Oh yeah! They on my dresser."

"Ight, thanks dawg. I put some stuff in the pantry for Mama, it's food if you hungry," I said as I got the last piece to this puzzle off my brother's dusty ass dresser.

"Thanks bro," Justin said as he turned back to his game.

"And clean this fuckin' room," I shook my head on my way out.

Ight. Downstairs. His office— no. Fuck this nigga at?