RAT

Suzette

"You gettin' ready to leave bae?" Sammy asked as he came in my vanity room to see me slicking down my edges. "Yeah, me and Shay goin' out to brunch and then going shoppin'."

"Oh yeah I told Shakur to go with y'all. He should be on his way here."

I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Babe, why you actin' like I need security for?"

"You do. I'm sendin' you in the mall with twenty racks. And look what the fuck you gone pull up in. You need a man witchu and you know I got that thing today," Sammy said while rubbing my shoulders and I just blew hot air.

"What they gone do to me?" I asked and Sammy laughed.

"Not a damn thing. Cuz they ain't gone get the chance. Now, I know y'all havin' brunch but be ready for dinner with me tonight. Ight? Get you somethin' sexy to wear. New dress, new pair of shoes, allat."

"Now bae, I just gave all those clothes to the church."

"Yeah, fill that closet back up," Sammy laughed against my cheek while kissing it.

"Anyway, I got a surprise for you tonight. So get how I like you," Sammy informed me and I looked back at him with a raised brow. "What you got for me?" I asked as Sammy kept on kissing on me.

"You gone see," he said with a smirk before walking away from me leaving me by myself. After dressing in the tightest pair of light denim jeans with a matching shirt that I tied at my waist I walked through a mist of perfume and stepped into my tall ass boots before taking a slow walk to the garage. I been wanting to drive Sammy's new red Rolls Royce all week but he'd been driving it. So today, this beautiful baby was all me and I was happy about it.

As soon as I sat in the car I put my phone on the speaker while calling my son. "Yo Ma. You good?" Shakur asked as soon as he picked up the phone. I smiled. "Yeah I'm good. Listen. I know ya daddy told you to bodyguard me and yo sister today," I started and Shakur laughed. "Yeah he did. Y'all on y'all way out now?"

"I'm boutta pick Sweetie up. But I'ma take her to brunch first then we gone hit the mall. I'ma text you when you can meet us at your Daddy brunch spot then we can all go to the mall. Ight?"

"Okay Mama. I love you!" Shakur said like he was stretching. "I love you too, son. Get yo ass up and feed my grandbaby. Matter fact, get her together, she can come with me Shay and Zay."

"Ight bet."

After hanging up I sped over to the kids' place to pick up the girls and when I did we shot straight for downtown to The Sweet Spot where we placed our drink orders. "Oh my gosh. I used to pass by here on my lunch breaks at my old job. When I saw these prices I said neverrrr," Shayne stated and I started laughing. "Your Daddy know what he doin' though. The experience is worth it and the food is too good to be true. You know he was talkin' about gettin' me down here to show these people a thing or two?" Me and Shayne just laughed and I watched her shake her head just as our waiter started sitting appetizers on our table that we didn't order.

"Oh I'm sorry honey. We didn't order these," I spoke up while pointing at these delicious looking plates. "Oh we know Mrs. Harris. Just following the boss's orders. After your last visit Mr. Harris paid us a visit and highlighted all your favorites on the menu and told us to just start getting you together as soon as you walk in. Oh shoot... I wasn't supposed to tell you that," the young lady's hand flew to her mouth as her cheeks turned rosey.

I looked at Shayne who was laughing. "He's obsessed with you."

"Yeah. Your Daddy really crazy. Baby, I don't need y'all to treat me no different than y'all treat anybody else who come through that door. Hear?"