Chapter 19

Aunt Carol came rushing inside as soon as she heard my screams. They were loud, painful, and vicious. My voice changed into something I didn't recognize myself.

I lifted myself off the bathtub and my knees struck at the hard floor. I screamed once more. The pain—it was the worst I had ever felt. Every nerve in my body was stinging, being continually stabbed with something sharp, my bones were snapping, over and over again.

I stared at my hands that were flat against the floor. My wrist bones were poking, twisting, lurching as I cried.

What was happening with me?

"Eos," Aunt Carol ran to me. She grabbed my arms, hoping to take me off the ground. "What's wrong? What happened?" Her voice was filled with fear.

I could hear it, I could smell it.

Her fear.

My fear.

It was all over in the air and it was strong. Every emotion that Aunt Carol and I were going through, I could feel it—all of it.

I cried louder and screamed for the pain to come to an end. "I can't—I can't—I don't know." I stuttered as my throat closed a few moments later.

My nails scraped against the tiles of the bathroom floor, they elongated and then shortened. Images appeared in front of me again. My vision blurred to the point where I barely saw anything.

The sounds of my screams slowly came to an end as I fell flat on the floor, my breathing still uneven.

The pain subsided for a second. I felt nothing but horror.

Aunt Carol left and returned to the bathroom moments later with a phone in her hand. Sweat trickled from her head and she rubbed it while dialing for an emergency.

"It's going to be fine, Eos. You'll be fine. Just stay with me. We will go to the hospital and you'll be fine." She quickly said, her voice shaking.

Reaching out to the towels, she grabbed one and wrapped me around it while the phone was still pressed to her ear and her shoulder. Once the emergency call was picked up, she requested for someone to be sent through.

Nor were I or her aware of what was happening.

I went unconscious soon after, remembering and feeling nothing more.

It was surely hours later when I woke up only to be in pain again. There was no relief. I halted awake, crying and screaming in the hospital room as the IV's attached to my skin wasn't helping.

The nurses came by, calming me but nothing worked. My blood-curdling screams ran through the entire wing of the hospital. My voice was shrill with fear. I was panicking hard, dreading.

I was afraid.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. It's just a lot of pain. I can't bear it, Carol. It's too much." I wrapped my arms around my knees and held myself together tightly.

She pressed a hand firmly on my back. "It's going to be fine. Don't worry. You'll be okay, baby."

I shook my head, "It's not going to be fine." A sudden thought spread through my head and I pulled my shirt up. "It has to do something with the bite. It's gone but ever since it's gone, I have this awful pain like something needs to be released out of me." I spread my fingers around my waist and held it with a tight grip. "Fuck. It's horrible." I arched my back and cried.

"I'll get the doctor here again." Aunt Carol lifted her hand and walked out of the hospital room, leaving me alone.

I slammed my lips shut and glanced at the monitor ringing beside me. My heartbeat was perfectly normal and according to the doctor, my reports were normal as well.