Chapter 33

Chapter 33

The transformation from a wolf to a human was less painful and it was easier than I had thought. It seemed like a dream, a very painful one that came to an end when I tore my eyes open to find myself naked and on the bed.

My body was sore, but the pain was gone. I bought my hands forward, taking a quick glance at them to find my manicured nails back on.

"How are you feeling?" King asked, walking inside the room with a glass of water in his hand. He offered me the cold water and I hurriedly took it.

"I'm okay," I quickly said before gulping the water down my parched throat. "But it was terrifying." I breathed out. My eyes were dry, there were bruises all over my body, claw marks and blisters on my skin but it was nothing compared to the pain I felt moments before the transformation.

"The first one is always terrifying." He said, sitting down on the bed beside me, all clothed while I was still bare. His hand looped around my shoulder, and he pulled me to his chest.

"Was it the same for you?" I asked, curiously. I needed to divert my mind away from the pain and the animal I had just become, or it was going to become a problem for me.

"No," He shook his head. "Not the same. I shifted for the first time when I was ten, but I was able to connect with my wolf way before that." He ran his fingers through my hair and brushed out the tangles.

"How is that possible?"

"We are born with our wolves. We shift between the ages of eight to twelve or whenever puberty strikes us, but we can speak to our wolves long before that," He continued, and I listened to his warm voice. "It's a natural thing. You'll be able to connect with your wolf in a matter of a few days. Don't worry." He lowered his eyes to me, and I sank right into his gaze, feeling enthralled.

I wanted King to devour me, I want his hands on my body and his lips on mine and I never wanted to part myself away from him.

I wanted him to sink his teeth into me.

Shaking my head, I quickly looked away, "Oh, okay."

"Yeah. Don't get scared if a voice appears in your head. It's completely normal."

I nodded my head and kept my gaze fixated on the blank wall in front of me. Teeth. Neck. I pressed my eyes shut tightly and avoided thinking about King biting me. It was just going to be torturing. Why would I even want it?

Rubbing the back of my neck, I stood up and parted myself away from King. The longer I stayed in his embrace, the stranger it got. My skin was prickling, and my heart was racing while my head was imaging unusual moments.

"Do I have to do anything now?" I asked him while sitting on the other end of the bed. My legs fell off and my feet were almost touching the ground. The day had passed by, I had shifted and completed the transformation.

King couldn't hold me in here for any longer. He promised to let me go once I had done the transformation. He had to keep up with his word.

"No, nothing." He arched forward. Our eyes met, sparkled for a second and then there was nothing between us except for blankness. "You are free to leave."

I parted my lips and breathed out, "Really?"

"Yes. I can't keep you here even though I want to. You finished your transformation and you don't need my help anymore."

I cleared my throat and asked, "What if I shift again and I need your help?"

My thoughts were jumbled up again. Did I want to leave? I didn't know. Before the transformation, I was dying to run away but after, I didn't know what to think or feel.

"You won't need to shift again unless you want to. You have complete control over your wolf and whenever you wish to shift, it will be a quick, painless process," He rolled off the bed and stood up while I stayed seated down.

"But what about all—other things?" I grew nervous at the thought of being left alone.

"There is nothing else, Eos. Don't worry, no one will question you for as long as you don't shift in front of them," He shook his head and chuckled. His hand fell over my shoulders, gently massaging the tension away. "And if anyone does, you have my number. You'll feel a little change in your body but that's normal. You can completely ignore all of this if you want to or you can understand and live this life as it is now meant for you."

I took a breath in. Did this mean it was over? Were we going to part ways forever? "But—"

"I know what you're thinking," He stopped me before I bring the words to my lips. "You can come to me whenever you wish or whenever you're ready. Right now, you aren't, and I don't want to pressure you. You're confused and scared. I'm aware. I'll be right here. You can take your time and make your decision." He kneeled between my legs. I lowered my head and kept my eyes on his. "I'm destined to be yours."

Mine.

My chest rose and I nodded my head, "That sounds better."

He laughed and shook his head before getting up from the ground and pulling me up from the bed. "Let's get you dressed, and I'll show you a secret way out of this packhouse." He said, resting his hand on my bare back.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr