Chapter 48

Chapter 48

I stepped out of the bathroom, covered in one of the silk robes placed on the rack inside the bedroom. By the time I was out, the sun was cracking through, and the moon had disappeared.

I passed off a silent yawn before turning my eyes to King who was seated on the couch near the bed. He was shirtless, wearing only pants and his leg was crossed over the other one.

"Hungry?" He asked.

I shook my head, tightened my robe, and sat on the end of the bed. "No, no, I'm just sleepy. I hadn't sleep properly and it was a long night."

He stood up from the couch and took my hand. We walked over to the other side of the bed, and I quickly went underneath the sheets while he closed the curtains. The room was completely blacked out after that with only some little rays of lights escaping from the corners.

He returned to the bed and placed his arm underneath my head. I rolled over to him, pressing my head against his chest while he wrapped his other arm around my shoulders and squeezed me in his embrace.

It was warm and everything I had wished for.

"Goodnight. Sleep well, pup." He whispered in my ears while slowly moving his fingers across the strands of my hair and cozying me to sleep.

"Goodnight." I murmured back and only in seconds, I was asleep, in another world, freed from all the worries.

Nearly six hours later, I forced myself awake. As much as I wanted to sleep for longer, I couldn't spend the whole day sleeping in bed. It would be unfair for King and the promise I had given him.

The curtains to the windows remained closed when my eyes peeled open. It was dark and cold inside the room until the door slightly creaked open.

"I thought you'd be sleeping till tomorrow morning." King said, his tone low as if he had just woken up a few minutes before me. My eyes trailed over to the cup of coffee he held in his hand.

Yeah, he just woke up.

"I wish I could." I spread my arms and fell back on the bed, desiring to sleep for another long day. The bed was comfortable, there was silence here and it just seemed like the perfect place to nap. "But, I can't." I picked myself off the bed and got down on my sore feet. My muscles throbbed in soreness as I walked myself over to the bathroom to splatter some warm water over my face.

Once done, I stepped back out and dried my face with a small towel.

"You could always sleep for longer." He suggested, now leaning against a wall, looking all perfect. He was hard to resist, to keep hands off him but I had to learn to.

Or did I really?

"I could but I know you'd get tired of watching me sleeping."

"I wouldn't mind." A smile curled over his lips.

My face turned red in embarrassment, "You watched me sleep?"

"Twenty minutes."

Heat collected all over my body before I quickly turned my head away from King. Flashes of the moments before we slept crossed my mind. It was strong and sensual—the sex. I felt something different and for some reason it continued to bother me.

I swallowed hard and decided to bring the confusion up with King. "When we were—intimate last night, I had this sudden urge to take over, to secure you and it was different. I had never felt like that before. I don't know if I should worry about that. It was wild and uncontrollable."