Chapter 80

We laid naked in each other's arms with a blanket draping over my body, covering my bare breasts and legs. King had his arm over me as he remained underneath me. For a few long minutes, we stayed in silence, simply observing the peace inside the house. I was where I had always dreamt of being and there was nothing more I wanted.

A few months ago, I was in a terrible place, lost and nearly dying from all the things I did to myself. It was that one night, one bite, and one man that had changed the course of my life.

If I hadn't gone to the welcome back event at the Mayor's house, nothing would've happened nor would I have ever met King.

Today, I was safe, free from the worries of life and happiness. I wasn't sure if the happiness was going to last long but I knew it was going to be here for a while.

Though, I still missed Aunt Carol, more than ever. Having someone die because of you was the worst pain I had ever been through. I wondered if she had been watching me and wondering if I was okay.

I was.

"The sun is going to go down soon," I whispered to King while my fingers ran over his. I touched him slightly to shake him away from the nap he had been trying to take.

"I know," He murmured, "Just a few more minutes..." He didn't move an inch. We had been in the same position after sex and it had been a while now. I didn't want to move as well but we couldn't coddle each other for the rest of the day and night.

I turned around over him and flattened my arms over his chest. My chin pressed against my hands while I stared up at him. His eyes were shut, only an inch open where he peeked at me as I turned. He grabbed the blanket from above and pulled it further up, covering my back and my behind.

For another long minute, I stared at King, watching him nap before his phone started buzzing. As soon as it did, his eyes peeled open and he stretched his arm, reaching for the phone on the table. He bought it to his face and then accepted the call. I wondered who it was. A moment later, I recognized the man's voice and it was Arnold.

Though I couldn't hear him entirely, I heard the bits, 'East from the forest. There is a family farmhouse that belongs to the Carsons. My sources say the movements have been coming from there. I suppose they are indeed planning for something bigger as a shipment of weapons and firearms was delivered last night. You were correct.'

I immediately jerked up, my mouth hanging and my fingers holding onto the blanket with my dear life.

King asked Arnold to send him the location and then the call was ended.

"How?" I furrowed my brows together in confusion.

"I told Arnold to trace them a couple of days ago," King spoke while raising himself up from the couch just a little. "And after you told me about what happened, I dropped him a message to quicken the process. As much as it was tedious, the wolves sniffed out the hunters and their exact location."

"All while we were having sex?" My eyes widened.

He chuckled and pinched my nose, "No, before it."

"What are you going to do?" I asked him while stretching the back of my head.

"Kill them, as they deserve to die but before that, I need to ensure they aren't in possession of any dangerous weapons that could possibly effect other werewolves, including you." He pulled his legs from underneath me and placed them over the ground while his phone remained in his hands.

"Oh..." I trailed off. "I thought they would've fled the town. I mean—I must've terrified them enough, right?"

"Threats don't scare them. They have been living here for more than just a few decades. They are bound to their blood and they will not stop at anything." He explained to me. "They need to hunt, that's what they have been prepared for all their lives. They can't entirely end the species of werewolves but they can kill those that are the strongest or the top on the hierarchy."

"Like you."

He looked at me and nodded, "I knew about the hunters for a very long time, Eos. I knew they were here somewhere but I didn't want to deal with them that's why I left town and never returned all those years ago. I didn't care. And I wouldn't have ever returned if my wolf wasn't looking for my mate." He returned his attention to the phone, dropping a message to someone that wasn't Arnold. "But it got personal when they tried to hurt you and especially now, I'm enraged and I only see my hands soaked in their blood."

I swallowed hard and then looked away. He was going to kill them and there was nothing stopping him from it. I wanted him to kill the hunters, all of them, even Bryce, who had killed my Aunt but I didn't want to see King getting injured in any way.

I didn't want him to get hurt.

"You're not doing this alone, are you?" I asked him. My heart beat wildly.

"I cannot drag anyone else into this, Eos. I know there are people willing to help but I cannot risk anyone getting hurt." He responded.

I jerked up from my position, "No, you can't go alone."

"I can handle it." He placed his hands on my shoulders and whispered. For a second, he turned and looked outside of the window where the full moon was taking place. "The full moon provides me with more strength. I don't need anyone."

"No." I shook my head in denial. "No, I can't let you go alone. You can't kill them alone or take over all of them. There are trained to kill us and it's just not one or two people, it's a whole family of them and they might have more weapons this time, more people as well!" I exclaimed, remembering that I had been easily trapped by them and if it weren't for escaping, I would have never.

"They are scared—"

"They are not and they want to kill you. They will take their every chance!"

He cupped my face and leaned inward, "It's fine. Trust me. I'll be fine and they'll be dead. You haven't seen me in my wildest form."

The throbbing in my chest continued as I tried to comprehend with him. Regardless of his strength, I couldn't think of him taking down everyone with his bare hands, not without a weapon.

"You need to have a gun," I told him.

"I'm a werewolf, Eos. I don't need a weapon. I'm a weapon."

Read the full book on my Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr