Chapter 64

I thought I knew who it was but it wasn't coming to me. I couldn't think straight, not until I had slept properly so I tucked myself with King, under his arm, and into his warm embrace before closing my eyes and falling asleep as the dawn cracked and the hues of sunrise lightened up the sky.

He barely noticed me coming to him but as he slipped from his sleep for a second, he pressed his lips against my forehead, kissed, and fell back to sleep, this time with me.

I slept for a long time, dreaming about everything beautiful and calm. The horrors didn't dare creep into my dreams, for the first time.

A hand ran down the side of my cheeks, pulling me awake from my sleep, slowly. I peeled my eyes open to the broad daylight.

King wrapped his arm tighter around me and pulled me closer as I stared at the window and returned to reality. It took me a couple of silent minutes to understand what all had happened.

The last of my family was dead, all I had now was King and between death and life, I loved him and desired to be with him for as long as I lived.

His body added warmth to mine, he was awake behind me, kissing my shoulders lightly.

"Good morning." He whispered upon noticing that I was awake.

My eyes flickered to him, "Good morning." I replied with a smile before turning around to him.

He lowered his lips, pressing them firmly against mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back as he cupped the side of my face and pulled me closer to himself. The kiss only lasted for a minute before he pulled back and kissed my forehead.

"Did you get enough sleep?" He asked, not knowing anything about what I had done over the night. He assumed I had slept with him the entire night.

"Yes, more than enough." I nodded, enjoying his warmth for just a second more before I had to get off the bed and return to reality. "I'm thinking of calling Beatrice and maybe seeing for today."

"You should do that," He tucked away a few strands of my hair behind my ear before agreeing to me. "Send her my regards and don't worry about safety, by sunset, everything will be in place and no one will be able to harm you."

"How are you feeling?" I asked him as I remembered the violence of last night. I couldn't search for any pain in his face, it gave me comfort knowing he had healed.

"I'm alright. Don't ever worry about me."

"But I am worried. I was so close to losing you. I can't take that image of my mind!" I exclaimed, shaking my head as worry tightened in my heart.

His fingers drove further between my hair before he curled and massaged my head. "You're not going to loose me, Eos. Not ever." He promised.

With a smile on my face, I moved my lips and kissed him once more as one kiss wasn't enough for today. Blood rushed to my cheeks and suddenly, I didn't want it to end.

Not now.

Not ever.

I placed my hand over the back of his tensed neck and kissed him deeper. He slipped his tongue into my lower mouth and made a small groan of frustration before I felt his arousal, his thickness rubbing against my stomach.

Desire burned between the both of us and as we explored each other, the heat became wilder and uncontrollable. I tugged on his hair a little as I felt a stinging sensation on the place where King had marked me.

Only after a minute, it burned and seemed like my skin was on fire.

"Ow. It burns." I winced and parted my lips away from him.