Chapter 68

"You're doing this all for me?" My eyes narrowed on King as I walked closer to the bed he sat on. He was against the headboard, going through his phone when I came into his room and asked the question that had been worrying me since the minute I spoke to Gabriella.

"Of course," Leaning up, he wrapped his hand around my arm and I sat down beside him. "I would do anything for you. I would go any lengths for you."

Gabriella was right.

What had I done for all of this? Nothing. I was just mated to someone as great as King and there weren't enough words for his kindness.

"Thank you. It means a lot." I whispered while tucking pieces of my hair behind my ear.

"Don't thank me." He muttered.

I parted my lips and breathed out before quickly leaning in against his mouth and kissing him. My hand snaked over to his arm as my heart pounded in my chest. I felt the affection and the love down to my core as he kissed me back with the same energy as I did.

There was no heat between us, just passion and love. He gave me the strength I had been looking for all my life, he showed me a new life and I was grateful for all of that. I wouldn't know where I would be right now if I didn't have him by my side. I wholeheartedly loved him with everything I had within me.

"I love you." I whispered as I pulled my lips away from his.

He placed his hand over my cheek, his thumb slowly caressing my skin as he replied back, "I love you too."

Blood rushed up to my cheeks and my body turned warm. Something stirred inside me, expressing what my body felt in his presence. It was as if the stars were finally twinkling in my sky.

We changed and returned to the bed moments later. It was too early to sleep but King was exhausted. He had done more than he had told me, dealt with pack members, upgraded the security around the area, and went through the people living in the town.

The details of every family in town were with Mayor Thomas who had shared it with King. According to him, there was nothing new or odd in the details, just the same as they have always been.

There were only a couple of new families that had settled here which meant, the family of hunters was an old family in the town, someone we all probably knew.

Someone close to us.

King fell asleep over my arm in minutes after talking to me. Right before sleeping, he grabbed my arm as if it was his and rested his head over it. I didn't object, it was the least I could him after all he had given to me.

We spoke for a while before he slept and I asked him what he would do after we found the family of hunters.

His response was that he wanted to take me away from the town, bring me into his life at the city, and show me all the wonders of the world while leaving the past behind. By the time, he would bring me back to the town and he would rule his pack once more, once he had healed from the trauma he went through seven years ago.

Before him, the Alpha of the pack was his deceased father and he had a vision of what he wanted the werewolf world to be.

There were only a few Alpha's all across the world and King was one of them. That meant he had obligations to fulfill and serve the werewolves rightfully.

But that all was for later.

A part of me was excited to know what the future held but I was still to be in peace with the past.

After a few more minutes of King sleeping, I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and read the messages Beatrice had dropped for me. She enroute, back to the city with her parents.

'Thank you for everything, Eos! It was wonderful seeing you after a long time and I hope I can see you again and we can rebuild our friendship like the silly little children we were once. I wish you all the best and I'll keep you in my prayers!'

I smiled at the message and using my one hand, I replied back to her but it was going to take a while before she would receive the message.

I placed my phone back on the nightstand and turned my attention to King who had begun snoring. My lips curled into a wide smile and I leaned in to kiss his cheeks. His face glowed under the dim golden light of the room.

I stared at him for a long time before I began to shake my arm out from underneath him. His weight was getting a lot on my arm and my skin was turning red slowly.

Being careful, I avoided waking him up while slipping my arm out of him. I stopped for a moment underneath the back of his head and sighed.

This was hard.

My fingers slipped into the shirt he wore and I felt his warm skin pressing against the tip of my fingers.

Something clicked in my head.

I slowly moved my fingers across the back of his neck, in the middle, where the spine was located and it came to me.

The mark.

I quickly pulled my hand out from underneath him and then slowly got off the bed while my thoughts raced in disbelief. I let King sleep as he was exhausted and went out of the room to speak with anyone.

Anyone!

"Arnold?!" I called out his name while running down the stairs as my heart thudded hard against my chest.

All this time it was right there. I had slept with a killer once, the same killer who murdered my parents.

Read the full book on Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr