Epilogue

Everything mattered...

I placed the white roses over my mother's grave and then stood up, going to my father's. They weren't buried together but just a few inches away. It was enough. I still remembered the first day I had seen their graves, my heart warmed at the sight of them and I bawled for a few good minutes. Thankfully, King was with me, holding me as I remembered my parents.

The desire to see where they had been buried had lingered within me forever. It wasn't until recently that it was safe for me to see them and return to Barnsley without an issue.

Lowering my hands, I placed the rest of the white roses over my father's grave and smiled a little. My hand ran over the stone, and I whispered, "I miss you. I wish that you would've been there for me tomorrow. Deep down, I know you're watching me and I hope you're happy with everything I am now."

The fresh breeze drifted over me, throwing a couple of locks over my face. The sun was setting but it was still bright over the graveyard where my parents had been buried. Murmuring my goodbyes, I stood up and turned around to leave.

My heart was filled. I had nothing else I wished for.

It was all peaceful.

As I walked over to the entrance, Beatrice threw her arm over me and engulfed me. "Don't cry." She said, pouting. "You cry every time."

"I miss them."

"Then be happy, they'll be happier." She walked alongside me as we returned to the car that was parked near the graveyard. "Plus, you have a big day tomorrow and I cannot let you cry until the day after so please, don't." She pleaded.

I chuckled and shook my head, "I won't!"

The driver stepped out of the car and opened the door for us. Beatrice stepped in and I followed her before we both sat down together at the back of the car. Once we were both in, the driver returned and began driving away from the graveyard.

From a distance, I watched the sunset between the trees and the graves, and the warmth flowed all over the town.

While Beatrice was on her phone, I got on mine and messaged King that I was done with seeing my parents.

I can't wait to see you here. I miss you, way too much. He responded in a few seconds, just as soon as he received my message.

"So, I hope everything is planned just as I wanted it to be. I called in a few old friends so I hope you don't hate any of them!"

I smiled at myself and closed the phone before returning my attention to Beatrice, "Everyone except for Patrica. I despised her. She called me a whore when I was ten and then when I was thirteen. Who does that?"

Her jaw hung in surprise, "Wow. She was a bitch. Thankfully, I didn't call her. I did get some more names of your girlfriend's and they RSVP'd back. Tonight is going to be a blast!" She exclaimed in complete excitement.

"Do you think King is going to see strippers?" I furrowed my brows.

Suddenly, it grew silent in the car, completely quiet. Beatrice licked her lower lips and then shrugged slowly.

"He's going to see strippers, right? I mean—it's a bachelor's party, of course, there are going to be strippers. Ugh. I just don't want him to see any." I threw my head back and sighed in frustration.

"It's fine," Beatrice placed her hand over my shoulder and said, "If he has strippers in his party, we will have as well!"

It's okay.