Chapter 81

It was just only an hour later when King was notified about the details of the Carsons and what had been inside the shipment that was delivered last night. There had been a ton of ammo, carved bullets soaked into toxins that could weaken a werewolf and monkshood, a plant that could suppress the werewolf side for as long as it was in the bloodstream.

When King wanted to suppress my werewolf side and control the pain I had been going through after the bite, he had asked for the doctor to give me the essence of monkshood. It helped me with the pain and with the urges to shift, at least until the full moon.

"Isn't the monkshood going to affect you?" I asked him briefly as he changed his clothes with the intention of heading out to the farmhouse to ambush the Carsons and then kill them. I wasn't prepared and neither was he.

My heart raced fast and hard as I continued to grow nervous about it all. When he had promised me to kill the Carsons, I didn't believe it to be like this. I assumed he would order his men, his pack, to form a group and attack the Carsons, eventually disarming them and then killing them.

"It does but it's the full moon," He began buttoning his white shirt while I stood behind him, in the corner of the closet. "Nothing is going to affect me tonight."

"Shouldn't you take some people with you? At least a few?" I asked while chewing on my lips nervously. It would be terrifying if King were to get injured. He did heal quicker just as I did and carried greater, monstrous strength within himself.

"Eos," He turned around to me and met with my questioning gaze. "Look at me. Do you trust me?" He asked and I quickly nodded my head.

"Of course I do, King but I'm scared for you. How would I live without you? And I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you went there out for me and injured yourself." I spoke my thoughts, rather clearly this time.

He slipped his fingers underneath my chin and lifted my head, "You don't need to think any of that. I'll be back before dawn and you'll be in my arms forever or till death separates us. There is a whole life waiting for you, for us. I want to show you all the wonders of this world, show you what you have missed, everything you have ever dreamed of and I cannot do any of that because—" He paused and ran his fingers over my cheek. "When I see you now, all I see is the pain you have been through, the tears in your eyes, the sadness you're hoarding on and the trauma you have been through. The Carsons won't stop and I cannot let them chase you, or us."

I smiled at him, holding back all the negative thoughts that were invading my head, forcing me to believe that only defeat was written in our fate when in fact, no one knew about the future—not me.

With a shaky breath, "Okay." I jumped forward and wrapped my arms around him, "I believe you and please, come back as soon as you can." I squeezed him tighter as my heart pounded. My voice was as tired as it could get and I just wanted this all to be over.

I didn't want to run anymore, I didn't want to hide or be afraid of something.

I wanted to live.

At least for once.

He took my face in his hand and leaned in before placing a kiss on my forehead. I pressed my eyes shut, hoping for the moment to never pass by but it did just as fast as it came.

"I'll be back, I promise. Until then, be here. Arnold will be here as well so if you need anything, tell him." He held my both hands and said.

The same question rose in my mind, "Why don't you take someone with you?"

"Because," He bought my hands to his mouth, kissing the back of them, "My men, my warriors, they aren't as strong as I am. I cannot risk any of them and I'm not in a position to command any of them to die for me. What kind of Alpha would I be if the first thing I would do is ask my pack wolves to kill themselves after being gone for so long?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded, "Be safe. I believe in you but if you can't take them down, then come back, for me." I fought with a chill than ran down my spine at the thought of defeat.

Carsons were humans, weak as they could get but they had weapons, dangerous weapons, specifically made for us and they were trained to kill us. Whilst, we had the power of the nature, of the moon and of the animal within us.

"I will come back either way." He gave my another kiss, this one on my lips, promising for his return.

As I tried to pull away, I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss, not willing to let him go just yet. My heart thudded hard and my hands tightened at the back of his neck while a few tears gathered in my eyes. Before they could flee, I pulled away from him and waved my hand as he parted from me.

There was victory in the air but I wasn't sure for who—the Carsons or us.

King slipped into his car and drove away from the house in just minutes. I stepped out in the cold, watching his car disappear into the street. The house was surrounded with guards and men he had kept for my safety. They all stood idle as he drove past them. I took into a deep breath and turned around, heading back inside the house.

It had been a week since the whole ordeal. Gabriella had left for work, though she helped King a bit on finding the whereabouts of the Carsons.

I was lucky I had lived that night. I feared if I hadn't had the gun, the Carsons wouldn't hesitate in killing me. They weren't terrified of werewolves especially when they knew how to kill one. Though, they were terrified of their own weapons. For as long as I held the gun, they were on their knees and the second I gave it to Arnold, they fled—like cowards.

A week was far more than enough for them to prepare. I didn't know what else tricks or skills they had up their sleeves. They could have doubled in numbers and regrouped at the farmhouse, they could have stronger laced bullets or an immense amount of monkshood that certainly could stop one from shifting.

I feared the monkshood weakening King but again, it was the full moon.

Arnold returned to the house merely minutes after King departed. I apologized to him for telling King about the night and what had happened while he was with me. I suspected King scolding him but according to him, he hadn't said anything yet.

"It's been a long while since he has killed someone..." He trailed off, horror in his eyes, growing worst than mine.

I folded my arms across the chest and stood near the window. My reflection stared back at me. "Do you think he has enough strength to kill them?"

"He isn't doing this for himself, he's doing it for you, he's doing it for love and that's far more than enough power for one man like him." Arnold replied. "But love is also delicate, it can weaken man as quick as it can strengthen him."

I turned away from the window and placed King's phone on the table beside the couch Arnold was sitting on. "He left his phone with me. I'm leaving it here and going out to get some air." I whispered while walking to the front door and then leaving.

I glanced over my shoulders for a second before getting inside another car and driving out of the house. With my heart hammering, I drove to the location that had been sent on King's phone, the location of the farmhouse, where he was, and where the Carsons were.

I didn't have the courage to be apart from him, to leave him alone as he fought for me.

Read the full book on my Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr