Chapter 72

It had been a while and I had tried everything to flee from Bryce. I lost track of time when he took my phone from me and dropped it in the middle of nowhere. I didn't know where he was taking me but it was far, far away from the alley where Arnold had dropped me off.

Rain poured heavily in the woods, soaking everything, including me. My hair was wet and tangled along with my clothes. The wind was cold and violent, forcing involuntary shivers out of me. I tried to make myself warm but I couldn't.

"Why me?" I asked him.

"You're an animal." He replied, his gun still cocked to my head as he pushed me around the town and deeper into the woods nearby. I assumed he was taking me to a quiet place to murder me but I could be wrong about that.

"So killing me would make you feel better?" I stopped on my steps and turned around to him. My voice trembled with the cold and I shivered once more.

Bryce was soaked as well with the rainwater but it didn't make a difference to him. He was driven to kill me.

"Yes. I go by my family's code. I never had any feelings for you, Eos." He responded, a nerve in his jaw ticking.

I could tell he was lying. I shook my head and said, "You're lying. If you didn't have feelings for me, you wouldn't have come to my house that day, begging for me to take you back. We dated for years. How could you even think about killing me?"

"Because you're a monster."

"I have done nothing as a monster does. I haven't killed or injured anyone!" I exclaimed in disbelief while throwing my hands in the air. The most I had ever done harm was to Beatrice by having her in the car accident and she had already forgiven me for that.

"Not now but you will one day," He circled around me while the gun remained between his fingers, still loaded. "You will kill for power. That's what werewolves do and so will you."

"I will never kill anyone," I stated.

"You will." He was stern on the fact that one day I would go ahead and kill someone but that wasn't within me. I didn't want to kill anyone, I didn't have the urge to do so nor the intention.

There was something odd in his eyes as he circled around me. His movements were erratic and he was jumpy. I could tell he was afraid of me—shifting that's he had the gun to me.

"You're not any better than me. You killed Carol, she was innocent, she had nothing to do with this!" I exclaimed, raising my voice and forcing him to listen. "What are you going to do about that? You have innocent blood smeared in your hands."

His lips parted and he tried to find the words but he couldn't. After a few seconds of stuttering, he finally responded, "I killed her because she wasn't far from becoming an animal!"

"She was not a werewolf!" I reminded him.

"She could become one."

"She wasn't. You killed her because of nothing. You're a fucking monster, you're the animal people should be afraid of!"

Suddenly, a loud gunshot rang in my ears as he pulled on the trigger. I gasped and then fell back on the wet grounds of the woods. Cold grasped me from all sides and hair rose over my skin. It started slowly—the pain. It appeared from nowhere and ran through every inch of my body.

I screamed as I placed my hand over my leg, where Bryce had shot me. It was close to my feet. The bullet went deep into my flesh and scorching pain began soon. For a moment, my vision blurred and I saw the trees moving and shaking while the moon doubled.

Blood poured straight into my hands as I covered the wound with them. My entire body ached with terrible pain as if I had just stepped on a knife.

"Stop talking," Bryce grunted before grabbing my arm and pulling me off the ground. "The next time I hear you say anything, I will fucking kill you." He dragged me along with him across the woods.

I groaned and whimpered at the pain rising on my right leg. I barely could walk or even stand straight. I broke down into tears, sobbing. He grasped on my arm tightly, dragging and pulling me till a clearing appeared and then a house.

"You're taking me to your family." My heart stooped low.

"Stop talking." He snapped, pulling on my arm harder.

"Please, don't." I begged as I couldn't even imagine what they would do with me. "Let me just go."

Bryce shot me the first chance he got, he wanted to kill me for a long while. I wasn't sure what his family was going to do with me.

The house appeared out of nowhere. It was deep inside the woods. The family of hunters—the Carson's. I remembered while I was dating Bryce that he told me about his family's house in the woods that had been into for a while.

I supposed they had moved here when they figured out the town and the werewolves were going to become a threat for them.

He dragged me along the wooden stairs that led toward the main entrance of the house. The golden lights were switched on and the scent of death and blood was strong in the air. Unless I could run properly, I couldn't flee from this mess, this mess I had created by my own self.

Standing on the cold porch, he released me from his grip and I collapsed on the floor immediately, hitting my head but the pain in my leg, where he had shot me was far worse than anything else.

Bryce walked over me, a vicious sneer smeared over his face while he still held the gun in his right hand, loaded.

Was he going to kill me?

I didn't want to die, not like this. I had something to live for and I mattered.

"What are you going to do with me?" I asked, pressing my elbows against the hard wood and trying to lift myself up but every time I did so, I failed terribly.

"I'm not going to do anything with you," He shook his head and then knocked on the door. A couple of seconds passed by before I began hearing footsteps reaching the front door, right where I was. "My parents are going to handle you as they wish to."

The door opened and his parents appeared. I could see the violence in their illuminating upon seeing me on their feet, injured and hurt. I had met with them a few times while I was dating Bryce and they knew me as well.

"I have delivered." Bryce rose his head to his mother and said.

"Good job." Her lips curled into a grin while her gaze continued to hover over me. Mischief appeared in the back of her eyes as she stepped out and onto the porch. She kneeled down beside me and said, "I imagine you're worried about what's going to happen to you and why my son has bought you here. Now that you're here, he will follow you and we had the perfect plan to take him down along with you." She lowered her eyes to the gunshot wound in my leg. "Although, that's going to kill you a lot quicker." 

Read the full book on Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr