Chapter 75

Before anything could happen, I began hearing footsteps above me followed with voices of people shuffling and panic rising. Lowering my gaze at Bryce, I found him still lying on the ground underneath me, where I had been just a few moments ago.

His face was covered with fear and I could hear his heart jumping with every little second passing by as I had gun cocked to his head. I didn't want to shoot—I mean I did—I just didn't know.

"Don't you fucking move." I threatened him while walking toward the door, still holding the gun at him. I couldn't let him overpower me, not again.

I moved closer to the door, hearing the sounds of everyone in the house panicking and whispering to each other. Did something happen? Did someone come here?

"You're not going to kill me. My parents will kill you before you can even pull that trigger." Bryce said, confidence still in his tone, even when he was on the other side.

"Your parents will be long dead." I stepped closer to him and snatched the key off from the ground. It was key to the basement door, the one he and his mother had been holding me within. "It's my time to take my fucking revenge." I spat out before heading out of the door just before he could stand up.

I had him at the gun point the entire time and just as I left, I locked the basement door from the outside and slowly took the stairs upstairs. There was a different chaos occurring among the hunters. People were running around, engines were getting started and then I heard a gun shot.

My heart raced at the sound of the gun shot and I quickened my pace, reaching to the ground level of the house. I kept my gun with me, glued to my finger incase I needed to fire it at someone. It was a weapon, something I needed after what I had been through.

My head turned around in circles and I found no one in the house. It had been cleared out. The house was fairly large for Bryce and his parents, which meant they weren't the only people here. The entire flock of hunters were resting in this house, making their next move.

Bryce's sounds from underneath the basement barely made it's way to my ears as I stepped out of the house carefully. He was begging for someone to open the door for him and let him out but there was no one around to help him.

Was King here?

The sky was dark as it could get. Droplets of rain poured from the heavy clouds and the thunder continued to lighten up the sky. The trees surrounding the house wavered violently and the wind grew rougher. My own hair scattered over my face, tendrils falling over my eyes as I tried to wipe them away from my vision.

I had heard a gun shot. Was someone injured? What was happening around here? Where was everyone? Confusion spread within me as I followed the voice to the backyard of the house where the forest could be seen entirely.

I slowed down on my steps when I heard a familiar voice.

"Come out wherever you are, you filthy animal." Mrs. Carson said, her tone rough.

Blood drained from my face as I realized she was hunting someone. Who was here? I pressed my hand against the wall and peeked into the backyard to find Mrs. Carson pointing the gun at a tree.

Mr. Carson and another man was with her, circling around and finding for anything odd—animal-like—a werewolf. They all had their weapons, guns with laced bullets that could injure any werewolf.

I reeled back and hid myself. What was I supposed to do?

Closing my eyes, I took in a breath and gathered my strength to face them. It was now or never and I wasn't going to leave this place without getting my revenge. These were the same men that had killed my parents and Mrs. Carson was the one that had given the orders.