Chapter 6: Midnight Mansion (4)

"Ahhh——–"

Ren Xue's high-pitched scream rang through the entire mansion. Under the gaze of the others, she suddenly fell to the ground and was too scared to get up again. On all fours, she pathetically crawled forward.

As she crawled forward, the others finally saw the pair of footprints right behind where she had stood earlier. The left foot was missing half of it and blood was bleeding out. It was just as described by Cheng Zhi Chu.

"Ghost! Ghost—–!"

Ren Xue trembled on the ground and started to sob heart-wrenchingly. Wang Jianming quickly ran over and stood in front of her to protect her. At the same time, his face was pale, and his teeth were chattering non-stop.

Cheng Zhi Chu and Lu Wenjing were also terrified. Lu Wenjing raised her blood-stained crowbar and waved it around desperately while screaming loudly: "Don't come over! Don't come over!"

The footprints remained in place as beads of blood fell from the air onto the ground forming a pool around it while exuding the rich stench of blood.

Everyone stared at it warily and didn't dare to approach it. The footsteps then started moving. With a "splat ", it took a step forward.

When Cheng Zhi Chu saw that the footprints were pointed towards him, his entire body stiffened but he quickly reacted and ran away.

He didn't know whether this ghost was the boss of this instance and he didn't dare gamble on it. If he was wrong, he would definitely be killed off immediately by the ghost! Also, for it to appear so early, it probably isn't the boss... then——-

"What are you standing around for? Run!! "

He yelled and returned Lu Wenjing and the others back to their senses. They all scattered and ran but Cheng Zhi Chu wanted to cry. Turns out, the ghost ended up coming for him. It continued to chase him around while spurting blood out everywhere leaving scattered stains on the floor. Despite the strange, awkward movements, you could tell that it was getting closer and closer.

Why was he so unlucky?!

Cheng Zhi Chu despairingly ran around the large marble table, then around the sofa. Huffing and puffing, he and the footprints circled around the living room a few times. Ren Xue and the others were dumbfounded by this and couldn't help but slow down their steps. Gradually they all stopped and stood in place watching him run.

But who would have thought that the ghost seemed to be extremely biased towards Cheng Zhi Chu? It didn't pay any attention to the others and persisted with chasing after him. Cheng Zhi Chu almost wanted to cry. He could no longer run anymore, and the system continuously reminded him of his depleting physical strength.

Remaining physical strength: 3...........2.............

If it reaches 0 then he would no longer be able to take another step! Why on earth is this ghost always chasing him? ——— Is it because of the key in his possession?

Cheng Zhi Chu's mind quickly worked and just when he was considering whether he should throw the key over to someone else and let them all take turns running to tire the ghost out, he didn't notice the broken floorboard. With a "crack " one of his feet sank in.

Fuck. Why did something like this happen?!

Cheng Zhi Chu was stunned. Just as he thought he was about to crash heavily onto the ground, a pair of strong arms suddenly reached over and held him firmly in its embrace. With his head pressed against the other person's strong chest, he could faintly smell something nice.