Chapter 55: Ghost School (9)

Cheng Zhi Chu opened his eyes dizzily.

The light around him was a little dim. After a moment of surprise, he found himself once again standing in the haunted classroom. The female teacher stood at the podium and looked at him with white eyes seemingly waiting for his answer.

There appeared to be some issues with the projector on the ceiling. The image displayed on the screen would suddenly become a little blurry and the picture would flicker every now and then. Apart from that, everything else was the same as before. It was as ifeverything that had just happened to him was just an illusion.

He supported himself against the table and quietly gasped for air. He appeared to have consumed a lot of energy from that. The others looked at him and saw that his face was a little pale. Bai Yi covered his hand with his own hand and warm heat was transmitted through the place where their skin connected.

“………..”

The feeling of anger and heartache still remained in his heart. Cheng Zhi Chu calmed himself down first before looking around at the people sitting in the row behind them. His eyes lingered a little longer on Lu Jie whose tears had still not yet dried and was looking pure and innocent. Apart from Shen Qi Qi who had not done anything, Cheng Zhi Chu could no longer look at the other three the same.

There was also Liang Wen Bin. None of the four were innocent and they should all get their retribution.

Recalling Su Ling’s injuries and his pale, gloomy expression, Cheng Zhi Chu felt uncontrollable anger.

At this moment, he even had an unthinkable thought.

Even if these people died, they deserved it. They don’t deserve to live happily.

But he quickly controlled this dark thought of his and forced himself to turn his attention back to the task.

He saw that the expressions of the others had not changed and guessed that he was probably the only one that had seen the past, and it had only happened in a flash. Although it felt like it was just a dream, it was a cruel fact that had truly happened.

“Do you now know who took this photo?” The female teacher expressionlessly asked with a dull voice.

“……..I know.” Cheng Zhi Chu answered dryly. “It’s Su Ling.”

【 You decide that the photographer was Su Ling. 】

【 The answer is correct. 】

【Completed side task: Look for the Photographer.】

【Obtained reward: Survival Point x1000.】

The teacher nodded and continued to look at him for a few seconds. She then said: “You can sit down.”

Cheng Zhi Chu slowly sat down. He remained silent and didn’t speak. The question that he was asked was both short and simple, and it attracted complicated gazes from the people on the second row. They were both envious of him and fearful of being questioned next by the female ghost.

The female ghost’s eyeballs rolled around seemingly to look for the next target. Ou Yang and the others became extremely nervous. They buried their heads deeply and didn’t dare meet her eyes lest she calls out their name.

“Classmate Lu Jie, please answer my question.”

“Clatter——–”

Lu Jie stood up in a panic and even knocked the chair onto the ground. Even since she saw that photo, her face had become very pale and her entire body was trembling. She lowered her head and covered her face with her hands as she let out quiet sobs.