Chapter 20: Abandoned Hospital (4)

Where was this voice coming from?

Hearing that mysterious voice calling out his name, Cheng Zhi Chu was startled. He looked around subconsciously but was only met with darkness.

The voice was fleeting so even if Cheng Zhi Chu wanted to listen to it carefully, his surroundings had once again become silent. It was as if what had happened earlier was just his imagination.

It seems to be the same voice as the one in his memory......

.....Was this auditory hallucination or was this something that could only be heard by him alone?

Cheng Zhi Chu felt uncomfortable. He carefully observed the others' expressions and saw that they didn't seem any different. Clearly, he was the only one that had heard the voice.

Based on his 'memory', it didn't sound like Dr. Luo's voice but if it isn't Dr. Luo, then who could it be? He had no clue. Did they want him to conjure up something out of thin air? As far as his current state is concerned, it isn't unlikely.

Cheng Zhi Chu mulled over it for a while but soon gave up. After all, his task was to investigate whether the sound is real or not. If he can guess it immediately then there would be no need to set it as a side task.

He told the others that the deceased Luo Jie used to be his attending physician and also told them about the voice that was calling for him, but he wasn't sure if the voice really existed.

"We haven't heard anything......."

The sisters said this, and Li Yun Xiao shook his head. Da Gao assessed him suspiciously and was clearly thinking that Cheng Zhi Chu's illness had relapsed.

Bai Yi gave a slight sound of acknowledgement and then spoke up: "Even if it really exists, you would probably be the only one to hear it. The introduction mentioned that you felt something drawing you here, so you came to the hospital. Do you feel any attraction to that voice?"

"Not at the moment." Cheng Zhi Chu thought for a few seconds and then shook his head in denial.

"But it also doesn't rule out this possibility." Something dark flashed through Bai Yi's eyes, "This instance is targeting you."

Cheng Zhi Chu mourned for himself inside. He pushed the blame to the ring. Although he wasn't currently wearing it, it looks like its side effect wouldn't disappear because of that.

Thinking this, Cheng Zhi Chu decided to just wear it. Since he couldn't escape its side effects, he might as well wear it and use it. Like this, if there is a ghost or monster around he would at least receive a warning........

Just as Cheng Zhi Chu pulled out the blood-stained silver ring and wore it on his ring finger, Bai Yi's eyes stopped and he stared at the ring for a moment. It was only until Ji Yun Xiao pulled out a large set of keys did his line of sight move away from the ring.

"This was found in one of the drawers of the reception desk."

Ji Yun Xiao passed the set of keys around for everyone to look at. On a large keychain hung many keys. Almost all of them were rusted and there was even one that had been broken in half. Only one of them looked like it could still be used.

"We took a look already. There is  105  engraved on the key. It's probably the key to room 105." Da Gao said.

When he mentioned the number 105, the location of the room appeared in Cheng Zhi Chu's mind and his body stiffened. Room 105 is a room located along the right corridor and he is very familiar with this room because it just happened to be Dr. Luo's consulting room.