Chapter 23: Abandoned Hospital (7)

Everything had happened in an instant. It was only when Da Gao's headless body collapsed next to the squat toilet and the blood from his body had reached their feet did they manage to return to their senses. Faced with such a nightmarish and horrific scene, the Meng sisters covered their mouths to suppress their cries and began to tremble like a leaf.

"Da Gao! "

Ji Yun Xiao's face was deathly pale, and his eyes were red. He looked like he was ready to rush over but Cheng Zhi Chu was able to react in time and hold him back: "Don't go over!"

"Slap."

The hand that reached out from the black hole was covered in blood. It pressed against the tile on the floor, leaving a bloody hand print.

Then, another long and slender dried up black limb stretched out from the hole. Just the forearm itself was about half a meter long yet it was only about two fingers thick. The skin was so dark that it looked like it was scorched. It exuded a horrid stench as blood contaminated filthy water dripped from it onto the floor.

"Huff.......huff.........."

Loud breathing sounds could be heard coming from inside the hole. The two long arms pressed onto the floor tile and it looked like something was trying to squeeze out from that small hole. At the same time there was the sound of metal hitting something hard. It was so faint that several of them couldn't make it out very clearly.

"Clang! Clang clang!"

Meng Xi pulled out the gun from her chest pocket and fired a few shots at the black limb. That things movements stopped for a few seconds and then it let out an ear shattering screech. After being provoked by her, it became even more violent and it increased its speed of crawling out from the hole.

"Squelch..........Squelch....."

After hearing a sound that sounded like something stepping onto mud, that thing stretched out more arms and finally managed to climb out.

Its entire body was pitch black. It had ten arms and its body resembled that of a thin spider. It had a human head and neck but it was obscured by thick hair. Only a mouth filled with fangs that were still dripping with blood could be faintly seen behind it.

It stepped over Da Gao's body on the ground and its sharp limbs instantly punctured through the bleeding corpses' abdomen. It let out a screech and lowered its body closer to the ground before gathering up all its power to rush over to Cheng Zhi Chu and the others.

At this moment, Meng Xin activated the protective shield card and a transparent cover emitting pale blue light enveloped everyone.

"Thud!"

The monster rushed over like a bullet and crashed directly into the protective shield, making a loud noise. The shield shook and the light that it emitted dimmed a little as fresh blood stains were left onto it following the collision.

It wasn't successful in its first attack, so it let out a cry and once again crouched down onto the ground.

Although you couldn't see its eyes, Cheng Zhi Chu could still feel its bloodthirsty gaze looking at them. He couldn't help but feel terrified and fearfully take a small step back.

This is the man-eating monster.............The man-eating monster the nurses mentioned!

Cheng Zhi Chu realized that the ghost stories circulating the hospital had turned into reality at this very moment. His expression contorted several times as he desperately tried to recall whether the stories that he had heard mentioned anything about how they could deal with the man-eating monster.