Chapter 51: Ghost School (5)

Zhao Xiao Pang’s tone had a hint of excitement and eagerness. He seemed to think that telling ghost stories to others in this environment allowed it to be even more exciting.

Cheng Zhi Chu and the others didn’t stop him. After all, they already knew that there would definitely be ghosts appearing afterwards and nine times out of ten it out take the appearance ofthe ghost mentioned in the ghost story. With him revealing it first, they could mentally prepare themselves in advance.

“It’s better not to.” Lu Jie shook her head. A hint of embarrassment was revealed on her pure face. “I’m afraid of ghosts.”

“Everyone has heard of it. Aren’t they just a few ghost stories?”

Shen Qi Qi raised her eyebrow andwasn’t impressed: “Things like the dark shadows in the cafeteria, thirteen o’clock in the music room, the bloody footprints in the hall, the disfigured girl in the chemistry classroom………It’s all overused and old.”

“There are also two other ones that you probably haven’t heard of.”

Zhou Xiao Pang shook his head and pointed at the fountain pool with his chubby finger.

“One of it is this fountain pool. Legend has it that when the night is at its darkest, bloody water would come out from the fountain and there would be bloody body parts floating in the pool.”

“There is a savage man-eating ghost that hides in the pool during the day. At night it would wake up and wait for late returning students or teachers.”

“As long as someone gets close tothe fountain, the ghost would suddenly reach its arm out and drag that person into the water————”

At this moment, Zhao Xiao Pang’s voice stopped abruptly and the expression on his face stiffed. With eyes large and round, he started in the direction of the fountain. Even his lips were trembling. It was as if he had seen something terrifying.

Seeing him look like this, the others also felt their hearts tighten and they subconsciously turned around only to see that the fountain was still empty and was only covered in a layer of dust.

Zhao Xiao Pang smirked mischievously and stretched out his hands to smack Ou Yang and Liang Wen Bin’s back. The two of them couldn’t help but be surprised by this sudden attack and,when they realised that he was deliberately scaring them, they immediately turned back and chased after Zhao Xiao Pang.

Cheng Zhi Chu saw that there was no water in the fountain from the very beginning, so he didn’t undergo any mood fluctuations. He was also not that scared. On one hand, the pervert Zhou Luo Chen and Winter Branch gave him too much of an impact and, on the other hand, Bai Yi was holding his hand and he was a little distracted by it.

“What’s the other ghost story about?”

Yang Qian Fan took a photo of the fountain pool and asked with a tone of curiosity typical to that of a naïve ten-year-old boy.

However, when he saw the picture displayed on the camera, a trace of darkness flashed across his eyes and hequietly handed the camera over to Gu Zhen.

Zhao Xiao Pang was being chased byhis friends and asking for mercy. At the same time, he answered the boy’s question: “The other ghost story…… Hey, stop hitting me you two. Let me talk!”

“………..Little child. I’m not trying to scare you, but this is something that’s true. Eighty or ninety years ago, this place was still a wasteland. In particular, the school was a mass grave.”

“How would the poor have the money to build graves? They just randomly rolled them up in straw mats and threw them in. The ground was filled with bones and decaying flesh and the foul odour would be suffocating. At night, it would be dark and eerie. Occasionally when someone passes by, they would even see faint white shadows.”