Chapter 54: Ghost School (8)

Seeing his younger self walk towards Su Ling, although he knew that this was just a memory from this world, Cheng Zhi Chu still couldn’t help but feel strange. Apart from the school uniform, the “Cheng Zhi Chu” here looked almost exactly the same as how he had looked when he was in high school.

The young teenager came over to Su Ling and bent down. He appeared to be very concerned about his condition.

Seeing that Su Ling didn’t care about his arrival and only continued to bury his face in his arms, the youth wasn’t angry. Instead, he asked more worriedly: “Do you have a heatstroke? Need me to get you some water?”

“………”

Su Ling still didn’t speak. He raised his head slightly and looked at him with his dark eyes.

The youth smiled at him cautiously and gently reached out to touch his forehead. At this moment, Su Ling’s reaction was very intense. His back stiffed and he harshly smacked away his hand. In a low voice, he said: “Don’t touch me.”

“Sorry, I just wanted to check and see if you have a fever.” The young teenager rubbed his red hand and apologized to him. “Sorry for offending you…… I’ll go get you water?”

When the boy turned around, Su Ling finally revealed his entire face from within his arms. His lips were slightly pursed, and he looked at the back of the figure in the distance. Unconsciously, his fingers tightened around his clothes.

Su Ling had an attractive face. Although it was always dark and gloomy, he could still be considered as a good-looking young boy. When the youth left, he seemed to have removed all the spikes from his body and he revealed a soft and helpless expression. Like hehad just troubled a small animal, he lowered his eyes and mumbled, “I’m sorry……

Cheng Zhi Chu witnessed this scene and could only feel his heart ache.

He could tell that Su Ling had slapped away the boy’s hand due to a reflexive response. He had been subjected to violence and abuse by Ou Yang and the others all year round and had become very sensitive to the touch of others. What’s more, he didn’t want the boy to lean in too close and notice the injuries on him.

After a while, the teenager returned with a bottle of water. When he came over, Cheng Zhi Chu also heard other students say a few things to him. They were probably trying to persuade him not to be so nice to Su Ling.

“Su Ling ignores everyone. You’re just sticking your face in for no reason. He won’t appreciate you so why are you doing this……..”

“It doesn’t matter.” The teenager smiled at them. “I just remembered that I used to be alienated by my classmates because my ears were not good and don’t want to see it happen again.”

“In fact, it’s probably just my wishful thinking. I’m content if Su Ling just doesn’t hate me……. Uh, he hopefully doesn’t hate me?”

The other classmates didn’t say anything. They just rubbed his head and let him go. The young teenager went over to Su Ling and handed the water over.

Su Ling silently unscrewed the bottle cap and put it down after drinking a little. His fingers gently played with his sleeve and, after a moment, he softly spoke up.

“………Thank you.”

“No problem.” The youth was stunned for a moment. He then asked happily, “Do you feel better now?”

Su Ling gave him a small nod.

“If you still need something, just tell me and I’ll help you get it. I’ll head back to class first, rest well.”