Chapter 8: Midnight Mansion (6)

In the diary, Mrs. Mei Jie's writing was messy and frantic. It was clear that she was extremely infuriated. The entire page recorded her anger and resentment after being betrayed.

Yes, I killed her. I was the one who killed Mary that fake bitch. I also confined Charlie in the basement, and I will kill him as well!

How dare they betray me! Using the chance when I'm away at a banquet, these despicable low lives actually betrayed me. That Charlie even used my money to buy her an emerald necklace. He never got me anything!

This is ridiculous. Who do they think they are? They're just a couple of lowly peasants. But I was equally stupid to have pushed for this marriage. No romantic feelings between childhood friends? How could I have believed such a ridiculous lie and even agree to recruit Mary as a maid? In the end, I had personally sent her to my husband's bed.

Only by killing them will I be able to dispel my hatred. I originally wanted to smash that necklace but then I saw a small line of words on it. It looked like it was written in their home language and I can't understand it.

I asked Charlie but he refused to say anything. Hah. Did you think that I don't have any other tricks up my sleeve? I will hire someone to translate it for me. I must know what this bastard has engraved onto that necklace.

"...........So the necklace is also engraved."

Cheng Zhi Chu frowned. He made Wang Jianming take the necklace out again and examined it carefully. He found that there really were a couple of small characters engraved on the silver chain, but he couldn't understand it. He had initially thought that it was just a pattern.

"Looks like there currently isn't a way to read it. We probably might need to find a special clue first."

He explained and then allowed Wang Jianming to store the necklace away again. He then opened Mrs. Mei Jie's diary to another page and started to interpret it. He couldn't help but feel a chill through his body.

Mary is pregnant. She's actually pregnant with Charlie's child! They not only betrayed me, they even created a bastard!

This was something I discovered when I cut open her stomach with my own hands. When I saw it, I was so furious that I went mad. By the time I had returned to my senses, I was covered in blood and her stomach had been mutilated and destroyed.

But I wasn't at all scared. Instead, I felt very refreshed. I locked Charlie in the basement where there was no light, no water and no food. All that is there is a dim light.

But he isn't alone. I have allowed the family of three to be reunited in the basement – I threw in Mary's head, hands, feet, ribs and minced meat (the bastard is also mixed along with it). In a metal bucket, I filled it with blood that I had drawn from her body. If Charlie didn't want to die of thirst, he would have to drink her blood. If he didn't want to starve to death, then he would have to eat her flesh.

I told him that that is his beloved Mary and his child. I want to see whether or not he would choose to eat them. Of course, even if he eats them, I will not let him go. This is the price of betraying me, Mei Jie Sorcha!

Before I had moved to this mansion, my father once told me that there are several secret passages. It was made to be used in case of an emergency so only a small handful of people knew about them. It was also because I was going to move into the mansion that he told me about it. He even specially told me not to tell Charlie because, even if he is the closest person to me, it doesn't mean that he wouldn't betray me.