Chapter 77: Ghost's Bride (End)

The world in the mirror replicated the setting outside of the mirror. The only difference was that the left and right were reversed, the positioning of several items had changed and the faint glowing light. Even if Cheng Zhi Chu had dropped his flashlight outside, he could still see with some difficulty and didn't bump into the walls.

What's more, the groom was holding his hand and guiding him through the winding passages so he wouldn't get lost. The bear and the coin led the way in front of them. Their speed was getting faster and faster as they competed with each other. It was only after the groom scolded them that they unwillingly slowed down.

With the groom's cold fingers wrapped around his wrist, Cheng Zhi Chu felt somewhat restless. His mind was a mess as he constantly thought back to "Winter Branch"'s words.

Whether it's him or the other Bai Yi's..........

In fact, he used to think that Bai Yi was somewhat mysterious and thought that he may be hiding something. For example, the reason behind his decision to select the Death Mode and whether he encountered something bad in reality.

But now he knew. 

Six years ago, Bai Yi likely had his head cut off by Mr. Mu and the Bai Yi that is trapped in the game didn't have a real body. It was likely that he was just his soul, or he had managed to acquire a new body through some unknown means.

Bai Yi and he had entered the game at the same time and had appeared to be a novice player just like him. 

If this was the case, where was Bai Yi's soul during that six-year time gap?

Could he have only woken up recently? 

Then does he know what happened to his body in reality?......

. . ...And what does it mean by other Bai Yi's?

The more he thought about it, the more confused and distressed Cheng Zhi Chu became. He intuitively thought that the situation isn't so simple. 

Bai Yi was probably hiding a lot of things from him, but he didn't intend to put the blame on Bai Yi. He just wanted to do his best to help Bai Yi and hope that one day he would be able to return to reality safely.

Because Bai Yi is the person that he likes.

As for the chief culprit responsible for Bai Yi's death, it is this place's owner Mr. Mu........

Cheng Zhi Chu clenched his hands and anger arose inside him. He returned from his thoughts and looked straight ahead down the dark tunnel.

The bear had keenly smelt a rancid and bloody smell earlier and this time even Cheng Zhi Chu could smell it too. It became stronger and stronger to the point that it was disgusting. This also indicated that they were getting closer to where the heads are.

This smell.......... How many people did Mr. Mu kill and how many bodies are there for the smell to be so strong?

Cheng Zhi Chu covered his mouth and nose. In addition to his anger, he also felt fear and horror inside that he couldn't suppress. He didn't dare imagine what the end of the tunnel would look like and whether or not there would be a mountain of bodies.

[ Mr. Mu's power and presence in this place is very weak. ]

The coin rolled forward and quietly said to Cheng Zhi Chu.

[ Looks like he had indeed not returned here for a long time. Based on my estimation, it is at least more than a year. ]