Chapter 12: Midnight Mansion (10)

Caught unexpected by Joshua's sudden grip around his neck, Cheng Zhi Chu who was hit with suffocation fell back onto the ground with a bang. With Joshua pressing down onto him, the back of his head slammed against the ground and he immediately had a dizzy spell. His vision also similarly became blurry.

No.......

Because of the lack of oxygen, Cheng Zhi Chu's vision went dark. He opened his mouth desperately gasping for air. He kicked his legs while struggling as his hand clung onto Joshua's wrist trying to pull it away, but Joshua's hands seemed like it was made of metal. When he grabbed onto it, he could only feel a cold and hard sensation and, no matter how much strength he exerted, it didn't budge.

"Be good. Bear with it and soon it won't hurt."

As he felt his consciousness slowly fading, he could hear Joshua's voice faintly next to his ear. Although Cheng Zhi Chu knew that he should resist but, as his consciousness faded, his movements also got weaker and weaker. Eventually, his hands loosened from around Joshua's wrist and it fell weakly by his sides.

Looks like I'm really going to die here......

【Die my ass!】

An angry outburst suddenly exploded in Cheng Zhi Chu's mind. The system that had been silent ever since he had entered the instance and only sent out automatic notifications suddenly came alive and started to yell at him.

【I won't allow you to die you piece of trash! I don't care if you die but the ability that I gave you will be buried along with you. Who do you think you are?! Hurry up and go kiss Joshua you damned gay. Isn't this your forte?!】

Scram! Who's a gay?! Who's forte is it?!

Cheng Zhi Chu who was originally preparing himself for death heard the systems words and immediately opened his eyes in anger.

Seeing Cheng Zhi Chu suddenly opening his eyes again, the beautiful blond youth was a little caught off guard. Just as he was about to increase the strength in his hands, Cheng Zhi Chu proceeded to open his mouth. His eyes reddened and tears rolled out from it and down his cheeks.

Joshua's actions stiffened a little and the strength that he used also reduced a little. Although he had already died and was just a ghost, he still felt a small stinging sensation in his heart when he saw his beloved person's tears.

He didn't like seeing this person crying.

But, why was he crying? Because he didn't want to die or because he didn't want to be with him?

.........Does he really hate him that much?

---Fuck, I can't do this. I'm about to suffocate to death....

Using the chance when his grip loosened a little, Cheng Zhi Chu tried to take a deep breath but couldn't help but start coughing violently. He didn't pay much attention to it though and, after recovering a little, he reached out to Joshua above him.

In a life and death situation like this, he had instantly mentally prepared himself. Wasn't it just kissing a male ghost? That's nothing. As a straight man, he wouldn't be shaken just because he kissed a man. As long as he kissed him, both he and Bai Yi would be able to clear the instance. This is only for the sake of survival!

When he saw Cheng Zhi Chu reaching out, Joshua was again stunned. Cheng Zhi Chu's hands rested onto his shoulders and even hooked around the back of his neck, pulling him down.

He had originally thought that Cheng Zhi Chu had reached out in order to push him away, but he had done the complete opposite of what he had expected. It was like Cheng Zhi Chu wanted to hug him.........Why?