Chapter 42: Horror Variety (7)

Zhou Luo Chen that crazy bastard

He must be thinking about putting those snakes in the ducts to force him to scream or drive him out!

Seeing Zhou Luo Chen walk out of the living room with the glass box, Cheng Zhi Chu's blood went cold and his hands and feet went numb. 

He couldn't believe that someone would be able to do something so cruel and horrible to young children. Also, seeing those fluid actions of his, it was obvious that this isn't the first time that he had done it.

As it turned out, the things in the basement that when all stacked up was just enough for a child to reach the ducts was something that Zhou Luo Chen had deliberately left.

The vents leading to the other rooms were not sealed and the scent of flowers were used to cover up the smell of the rotten bodies because he had wanted the children to climb out of the vents and play hide and seek with him in the villa!

This beast was just enjoying the thrill of playing with those children in the palm of his hands. When he was done, he would kill them and proceed to plant rose seeds into their bodies and turn them into flower fertilizer!

His fingertips had turned out to be deliberately cut. Although it was not bleeding anymore, his body still had the residual smell of blood. Once those snakes sense it, they would be able to find him almost immediately.

Cheng Zhi Chu didn't know if the snakes were poisonous. Earlier, Zhou Luo Chen had picked them up using tongs and didn't come into direct contact with them so it would mean that these snakes are at least not a meek breed. He couldn't stay in the vents any longer. He must find an exit and get out. He tried to shake off the mesh cover in the living from but, perhaps because Zhou Luo Chen was afraid of the children directly escaping out of the living room door, the cover was very firmly secured and could not be opened.

And so, he had to change directions. He struggled to climb upwards and finally found a mesh cover that wasn't firmly secured. He tried to remove half the cover with as little sound as possible and then carefully jumped onto the floor.

Before he had jumped, he had taken off his shoes and left it in the ducts, so he was only wearing socks. He had done this because he had thought that he wouldn't make too much sound if he is barefoot.

Because he couldn't let Zhou Luo Chen find out where he had come out from, Cheng Zhi Chu moved a chair over and used a photo album that he had found on the bedside table to put the cover back in place. He then returned the chair and album back to its former location.

The room that he had escaped into just happened to be Zhou Luo Chen's bedroom. The layout here had not changed at all compared to what he had seen earlier. Only the wall looked whiter, so the room looked newer.

That portrait hung in its original position. The boy in the painting was smiling purely, and his eyes were bright and clear. Standing in a sea of roses, it was indeed very beautiful.

But when he thought of the bones buried under those flowers, Cheng Zhi Chu shuddered, and he moved his gaze away.

The chair that he had moved earlier was positioned right in front of the portrait and it appeared to have been placed there for a long time. The floor under the legs of the chairs had shallow dents, so it seemed like Zhou Luo Chen would often sit here and look obsessively at the painting.

Cheng Zhi Chu knew that he shouldn't stay in here any longer but, just as he wanted to get out, he suddenly heard footsteps in the corridor. At the same time, he heard Zhou Luo Chen's gentle voice.

"Zhi Chu, where are you? Don't hide from uncle. Hurry and come out."

How did this pervert come up here so quickly?!