Chapter 30: Abandoned Hospital (14)

After undergoing treatment for a while, the boys' condition had undergone a lot of changes and he gradually recovered. During this time, his life had also undergone great changes.

The boys' parents used to be busy with their jobs and didn't have the time to care for their child so there wasn't a strong bond between the parents and their child. But ever since the boy's accident, they realized that they had made some serious mistakes. Since then, they started to reduce their workload so that they could spend more time with the boy.

Qiao Yue also realized that some of his previous behaviors were inappropriate and had caused great harm to the boy. After a period of conflict, he finally brought along with him a stick of rattan to the hospital and admitted to his wrong-doings. He asked for the youth to beat him up until he was satisfied but it only scared the boy even more. This incident had become a topic of gossip amongst the nurses for a long time.

Everything was moving in a good direction.

But the boy no longer smiled as much as he used to. Sometimes he would even reveal a very lonely look.

He felt like his heart had been cut open and he would sometimes find it throbbing in pain and dripping with blood.

..........

"Have you seen anything unusual recently?"

While he was reviewing him, Doctor Luo asked this question to the boy.

"No."

The boy shook his head. His fingers twitched slightly, and he lowered his eyes: "Just that sometimes......I would hear someone calling my name."

He would hear a voice constantly calling him "Xiao Chu". That voice sounded like it had come from far, far away but when he looked back, it would be empty, and nothing was there.

He is very timid. Despite being a long time since, he would still occasionally feel afraid when he recall the ghost stories the nurse sisters spoke to him about.

These ghost stories are all fake ———— Every time he felt afraid, he would tell himself this.

But only towards that voice that called out to him, he didn't fear it at all. In fact, he even held a faint hope inside him wishing that it was real.

Because it sounded like brother Yuan Huai's voice. Or more specifically, it sounded like the voice that he had imagined for "brother Yuan Huai". Because he had never met Xie Yuan Huai in reality, he had never heard his voice before.

[ The voice that your hearing is just an auditory hallucination. It's because you have schizophrenia. ]

Doctor Luo said this to him. The nurse sisters and his parents also said that to him. Eventually, even the boy himself thought that.

Sometimes, he couldn't differentiate between fantasy and reality so he would choose to believe what the people close to him says.

That was all just his imagination.

The real truth was that Xie Yuan Huai had already been dead for many years. As for why he would start to fantasize about someone called "Xie Yuan Huai", he guessed that he might have somehow come across the name Xie Yuan Huai while he was at the hospital.

He heard that Xie Yuan Huai's body was still being held in the hospitals' underground mortuary. His family was unable to accept that their only child had died and refused to take back his body, but they also didn't want anyone to deal with it so every year they would donate large sums of money to the hospital.

Perhaps they still believed that one day their child would open his eyes again.

Occasionally, a thought like this would appear in the boy's mind: He wanted to go to the mortuary and see what the real Xie Yuan Huai looks like and whether or not he had any similarities to the cold and gentle man in his fantasies.