Chapter 28: Abandoned Hospital (Part 12)

After opening the medical record, the first words that Cheng Zhi Chu saw were the words "Xie Yuan Huai". He had originally thought that it was Xie Yuan Huai's medical records but, when he took a closer look, he saw that it was his own name written in the box where the patients name should be. The attending physician was also his doctor, Doctor Luo Wei. This was another medical record of his.

Realising that it was his own medical records, Cheng Zhi Chu was somewhat confused. Why would Xie Yuan Hai's name appear on his medical record? What relationship does he have with this person?

And so, he started to read through the record from the very beginning.

【 Medical condition description :

New symptoms have developed three months after the patient was admitted.

During the early stages of hospitalisation, the symptoms of the patients' condition would involve him identifying another party as his lover or as someone who has a very close relationship with him. The target is not fixed, and the patient would have a tendency to choose good-looking men.

However, the patient has recently started to have an imaginary fixed target called Xie Yuan Huai.

Through investigation, Xie Yuan Huai was indeed someone who had existed. He used to be a patient at this hospital and had suffered from a congenital heart disease. When he passed away, his family refused to accept it, so they paid a lot of money for the hospital to store his body in the mortuary.

There was a nurse who took care of the patient who had also taken care of Xie Yuan Huai in the past. It is suspected that she may have spoken to the patient about Xie Yuan Huai's matter leading to the patient generating an imaginary figure of Xie Yuan Huai and using it as a fixed target of affection.

For now, we have instructed the nurse to avoid speaking about Xie Yuan Huai's matter in front of the patient and have advised the patient to stop responding to this illusionary figure. We hope that this can help with improving his condition. 】

".........."

In his confusion, Cheng Zhi Chu once again started to see an illusionary image. The adolescent him was sitting on the patient bed and he saw Doctor Luo come into his ward and patiently ask him a few questions.

"Zhi Chu, I am very interested in this 'new friend' of yours."

Doctor Luo looked at the boy with a gentle look, like those of a kind elder. He said compassionately: "Can you tell me about him?"

"Sure, Doctor Luo."

The slender boy wore a loose hospital gown that revealed his thin and pale wrist and ankles. He sat on the edge of the bed with his legs hanging in the air. With his hands holding onto the edge of the bed, he leaned forward slightly and his eyes curved. His eyes that reflected a hint of the sunlight looked like a pair of clear crystal stones.

"Brother Yuan Huai is a really good person....... He's very handsome and, although he doesn't smile much, when he smiles he looks very charming. He takes good care of me. I really like him."

"He's a little introverted and would always be alone. Apart from me, he doesn't seem to have any other friends. He also doesn't seem to like to interact with other people."

"When I first met him, he would always tell me not to get too close to him. I would chat with him, but he rarely responded. At that time, I was quite hurt by it."

"But I really wanted to be his friend, so I pestered him every day. Brother Yuan Huai is a very gentle person so he couldn't bear seeing me upset and we eventually became friends. Afterwards we even......"