Chapter 27: Abandoned Hospital (11)

Cheng Zhi Chu stared at the silver coin in his hand with a stiff expression. For a long time, he didn't speak. It was as if he had received a major blow.

The Meng sisters watching on the side didn't understand this reaction of his. They asked curiously: "This should be a weapon, right? What's wrong? Is its property bad? What's its practical level?"

"............It's A." Cheng Zhi Chu replied after a moment of silence.

"A?"

The two sisters exclaimed in a small voice. The eyes that looked at the silver coin had completely changed. Their own weapons were only of C level and they were both something that they had received from the beginner's package.

Level A weapons are like similar levelled abilities and cursed items and are very rare. If you didn't get it through the lottery and want to try to synthesize one using weapon fragments, it would require at least a thousand fragments or more. To collect enough weapon fragments, it would require a lot of time.

If they were to get an A levelled weapon, they would probably have a gigantic smile on their faces even while they're sleeping so they couldn't understand why Cheng Zhi Chu would have such a grim expression.

Was there something wrong with this weapon? Indeed, coin style weapons are rare. Perhaps it is something that is inconvenient to use or maybe it's because it has many restrictions......

The two sisters quietly made their guesses, but they didn't move to ask any further questions. After all, this is a private matter and outsiders shouldn't try to probe too much.

Cheng Zhi Chu looked speechlessly at the silver coin for a moment. He then decided to act as if nothing had happened and just directly throw the silver coin into his bag.

He naturally also knew about how rare and precious A levelled weapons are. Even with the help of the luck potion, it was almost impossible to synthesize one with only one hundred weapon fragments. If this had happened before he had attempted the lottery, he definitely wouldn't believe that such a thing would happen to him.

But when he got the Joker's Coin and he felt the faint hint of twisted wickedness and temptation coming from it, he came to an understanding. Only someone like him would be able to be so "lucky".

It's not because he is very lucky. It was the complete opposite. It's because he's too unlucky; the type that couldn't even be counteracted by luck potions, that he couldn't even get a normal weapon that he could use to protect himself and instead got a problematic weapon with properties similar to a cursed item.

If a normal person was to use the Joker's Coin and if they used a luck potion on top of that, they would probably have a 70 or 80 percent chance of throwing a clown's face but if he was the one to use it.........he probably won't be able to see what the clown's face looks like in his entire lifetime.

And the most terrible thing about this silver coin was the fact that if you threw the devil's face, you would be riddled with misfortune. Every time you throw the coin, the chance of getting the devil's side would not simply be a 50:50 chance. The more you throw it, the greater the chance of getting the devil's face.

If you threw it obsessively, it would most likely lead to a vicious cycle. Furthermore, ten consecutive appearances of the devil's face would lead to the collapse of the instance. Although it may sound unlikely, when combined with how unlucky he is, it is something that is very likely to happen.

Thinking this, Cheng Zhi Chu couldn't help but shudder.

Maybe the throws won't even be throws performed by the holder themselves. It's likely that it may be because they tripped and fell, and the coin would roll onto the devil's side on its own ten times in a row.