Chapter 73: Ghost's Bride (9)

As the silver coin fell to the ground, Cheng Zhi Chu’s strange behavior also drew Bai Xi Xing’s attention.

He saw his pale face and trembling body and couldn’t help but frown. He didn’t know what was going on.

The reason why he told Cheng Zhi Chu these things was because he knew that Cheng Zhi Chu had some unusual powers and might know something about Mr. Mu or may be of help.

More importantly, Cheng Zhi Chu had managed to learn of the name of the cousin who had been missing for the past few years.

He was certain that, before his cousin had disappeared, the two had almost never had any contact.

Cheng Zhi Chu had also lost his previous memory so he shouldn’t know of his cousin.

Bai Xi Xing’s eyes sank.

For this reason, he guessed that Cheng Zhi Chu probably came to know of his cousin through another means, but he had hired people to watch over Cheng Zhi Chu and didn’t see any signs of him coming in contact with his cousin.

It was very strange.

He didn’t suspect Cheng Zhi Chu, but things were indeed strange. At the moment, it seemed like Cheng Zhi Chu may have come into contact with the people from the organization and somehow learned of Bai Yi’s existence.

But when the two met during the variety show filming before, Cheng Zhi Chi didn’t seem to know that his cousin had disappeared so he either had only just heard of Bai Yi or Bai Yi was normal when they met. The probability of the latter option happening was almost minimal.

Many thoughts flashed through his mind, but Bai Xi Xing still maintained a normal expression. He asked Cheng Zhi Chu:

“Junior Cheng, what’s wrong? Did you think of something?”

“…………”

Cheng Zhi Chu trembled.

His face was void of blood. His chest was both stuffy and painful, and strong grief and pain turmoiled inside him.

In an instant, his eyes were red and tears fell from his eyes.

Six years ago, Bai Yi had most likely died……….

And it was just because of some so-called “good luck”………..

But if he really did have good luck, why would he run into someone like Mr. Mu and even have his head cruelly cut off?

Why did it have to be Bai Yi who encountered these things…….

His heart was extremely painful. Bai Yi’s gentle smile and warm gaze appeared in his mind.

The silent tears gradually turned into a soft sob, and it latter turned into a loud wail. He cried until he was out of breath and he desperately wiped away the tears using his forearm making his eyes even more red and swollen.

Bai Xi Xing was surprised. He didn’t know what Cheng Zhi Chu had thought of to make him cry so badly.

No matter whether the person crying is a man or a woman, Bai Xi Xing couldn’t bear seeing another person crying.

Panicking, he picked up a napkin from the coffee table and wanted to give it to Cheng Zhi Chu, but it was taken away by the groom.

“………..”

Bai Xi Xing gripped his empty hand and looked at the headless man in confusion.

For some reason, that action of his felt very familiar……….