Chapter 36: Horror Variety (1)

When he heard that Cheng Ling Ling had fallen down the stairs, Cheng Zhi Chu was originally very worried. He wanted to rush home immediately but his mum reassured him that she wasn't very seriously hurt and was just calling him to let him know. She also reminded him to attend class properly and that it is fine to just come home on the weekend.

Too many things had happened on this day. Cheng Zhi Chu felt tired to the point of death. He returned to his dormitory and called to ask his roommates how they were going. Only when he confirmed that nothing else had happened at the hospital, he was able to fall back into his bed and fall asleep.

Fortunately, it looked like his luck had returned back to normal over the next few days. He didn't encounter any lucky situations, nor did he encounter any unlucky situations. Like this, the days passed by quite peacefully.

Like the silver coin had disappeared, it never spoke up again, no longer appeared in his dreams and it didn't suddenly appear out of nowhere. If it wasn't for the fact that it was stored in his games' storage space, Cheng Zhi Chu would have thought that he had lost it.

...........Did its feelings get hurt?

Faced with the silver coin's silence, Cheng Zhi Chu couldn't help but have this thought.

It had originally appeared to entice and trick him into thinking that it could bring him good luck but the result was that, in less than a day, that bogus good luck that it had promised was quickly broken and it had even turned into misfortune.

At first, Cheng Zhi Chu thought that this silver coin had brought him bad luck but, after seeing it fall silent for the past few days, it seems like it wasn't something of its own doing. Afterall, it had not yet achieved its purpose of deceiving him and it wasn't the right time to strike.

So his eventual conclusion was...

.......His own bad luck was something that couldn't be reversed even with the coins strange power.

This thought only made Cheng Zhi Chu even more determined not to use the silver coin. Although he had the intention not to use it from the very beginning, what happened over the past few days just gave him a clear reminder.

【 Actually, I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing. 】

The system said: 

【 All those misfortunes that you encountered would balance out with the good luck that came out of nowhere. Like this, you wouldn't have to worry about something unlucky suddenly affecting you in the future. If all these misfortunes added up together, it may likely result in your death. 】

[You're right.]

Cheng Zhi Chu nodded his head in agreement. He then thought: 

[But there's one more thing that I haven't figured out yet. My sister can't go to Ji Yun Xiao's variety show and I would need to go in her stead. Is that good or bad luck for me? ]

【 That.......For a fan, it would naturally be good luck but you're not Ji Yun Xiao's fan, so I'm also not too sure if it's good or bad. 】 

The system wasn't certain.

[Then I won't worry about it. 

Cheng Zhi Chu scratched his head. 

[But I'm pretty happy to be able to be part of the audience. I can now be considered as a casual fan of Ji Yun Xiao's.]

After going through an instance together with Ji Yun Xiao and becoming forum friends, they would exchange a few words from time to time. It allowed Cheng Zhi Chu to deeply understand the charm of this nations' male god and he naturally had a good impression of him.