Chapter 62: Ghost School (16)

Bai Yi called Cheng Zhi Chu’s name, but the latter just stood in front of him with a dazed look. It was as if he was in daze and, no matter how the others called for him, he didn’t respond.

“What’s wrong with Junior Cheng?” Zhao Xiao Pang swallowed and asked nervously. He said with a small voice to Ou Yang, “Is he really angry and no longer wants to talk to us?”

“It’s better if that’s the case. Do you think he looks angry like that?”

Ou Yang’s expression was both anxious and fearful: “He looks like he’s sleepwalking right now. He was fine earlier but he changed the moment those ghosts left the classroom. It can’t be because his soul was taken by that female ghost?”

Gu Zhen’s expression was calm. He quickly took out a small black paper cut out of a man. The paper man floated onto the floor and reached Cheng Zhi Chu’s feet before turning around and going back to Gu Zhen’s hand. He lifted it up and there was a blood red stain on the paper man’s chest. Something wasn’t right.

He was either being controlled by a ghost, possessed by a ghost or his soul had separated from his body.

He suddenly tightened his fingers, crushing the paper man into a ball.

“………..”

Bai Yi raised his hand and gently stroked Cheng Zhi Chu’s face. His eyes were dark, and a killing aura emanated from him. At this moment, Cheng Zhi Chu’s hearing aid suddenly fell onto the ground with a clatter.

“Zi………”

The hearing aid rolledaround the ground a few times and a strange electric current sound could be heard. This was then followed by a teenager's clear and cold voice.

“Bai Yi.”

“That’s…… Su Ling!”

Hearing his voice, Ou Yang and Zhao Xiao Pang gasped: “Turns out he did something to Junior Cheng!”

Shen Qi Qi looked at them with disbelief: “It’s really Su Ling?”

“What have you done?”

Bai Yi ignored the others’ reactions, picked up the hearing aid and spoke coldly to Su Ling.

“Come to the rooftop.” Su Ling said. “All of you, come to the rooftop now. I am waiting for you here.”

When he was done, the hearing aid no longer had the sound of electrical current. It had returned back to normal.

Bai Yi had a dark expression. He threw the hearing aid onto the ground, held the motionless Cheng Zhi Chu in his arms and carried him upstairs.

Cheng Zhi Chu obediently remained huddled in Bai Yi’s arms. His head rested against his shoulder, his expression was still dull, and his eyes were unfocused. He looked like a lifeless doll. If not for the slightly moving chest, he would’ve looked like a corpse.

“We’re really going to the rooftop…….”

Zhao Xiao Pang opened his mouth with a pale expression.

Su Ling said that he was waiting for them on the rooftop. He couldn’t help but have a bad feeling. His heart went through some turmoil and he wanted to just flee from this place.

But the others followed after Bai Yi and even Ou Yang too. Zhao Xiao Pang didn’t dare be alone so he could only harden his heart and follow them all the way up to the fifth floor and reach the stairs leading to the rooftop.

After Su Ling’s death, a new metal door leading to the rooftop was installed. It was usually locked to prevent students from entering but at this time, the door was already opened. From outside, cold wind blew in.