Chapter 60: Ghost School (14)

“As everyone already knows, Su Ling died from falling from a building.”

Zhao Xiao Pang slowly let out a sigh and said: “He fell from the roof of the teaching building. At that time, we were also there, and we witnessed it with our own eyes”

“You guys were also there?” Shen Qi Qi felt very bad for Su Ling. Her eyes were red as she angrily glared at him.

She then asked with much difficulty, “Don’t tell me you guys were the ones who pushed him off?”

“No, how can that be?! We don’thave the courage to kill!”

Zhao Xiao Pang quickly shook his head and denied it. He anxiously tried to explain: “It was indeed an accident. He fell down himself. At that time, we wanted to grab him, but everything happened too fast.”

“The fence around the roof had been there for too long. After exposure to the wind and rain, much of it had eroded.”

Ou Yang looked bitter and added: “None of us expected it. He….. was overly stimulated. He didn’t stand steadily, and he fell into the fence only for it to suddenly break and fall off.”

“So, you regret it because it was the so-called ‘last time’ that you bullied Su Ling?” Gu Zhen raised his eyebrow and asked.

“Yes…….. we really didn’t have the intention to kill him.”

Zhao Xiao Pang’s voice was filled with mournfulness.

“When I saw him fall, we- we were all scared. After that, none of us dared to say that we were also on the roof that day. Brother Bai’s father used his connections and helped us conceal the incident.”

“We decided to bury this as a secret forever. Until we died, no one was to speak a word about it.”

The female teacher nodded slightly and continued to ask the next question.

“Why did you guys bring Su Ling to the rooftop?”

“……….”

Zhao Xiao Pang fell silent for a few seconds. He then answered.

“In order for him to see the confession.”

“To let him see with his own eyes how Brother Bai gets together with Junior Cheng.”

“After Brother Bai’s injury, we don’t know what happened between them but the relationship between the two of them got better and better. Even bystanders like us could tell that Junior Cheng liked Brother Bai more and more.”

“Brother Bai was the same. He finally admitted that he liked Junior Cheng and we were very happy. We gave him suggestions and did our best trying to think of how he could confess.”

“We decided that the confession should take place on the roof. Before the roof was closed off, many students would choose to confess there………. It really wasn’t because we wanted to kill Su Ling!”

“It was at that time that Lu Jie said to us that we should let Su Ling watch his most beloved person get together with his most hated person———”

………….

Cheng Zhi Chu once again found himself returning into the illusion of the past.

At this moment, he stood inside a big mansion. The spacious living room was simply decorated but it was also very luxurious. The snow-white carpet was covered in white paper and discarded sketches making the room appear a little messy.

Ou Yang and the other three either sat or stood around Bai Yi who sat at the table and concentrated on his drawing.

“I didn’t know that Brother Bai actually had a talent like this………..”