Chapter 32: Abandoned Hospital (End)

Meng Ke and the bear ran through the vast ninth floor. On the way, she encountered the nurses from earlier. They had killed the head nurse and were wandering around aimlessly in this illusionary world. Meng Ke managed to carefully avoid being discovered by them.

After an unknown amount of time had passed, she suddenly found a broken and fragmented space. Like a smashed-up mirror, fragments of the illusionary world laid scattered across the ground revealing a dark hole.

"This is the exit." The bear said.

Seeing the exit, Meng Ke recalled the shaking and the loud shattering sound she heard earlier. It was probably the sound of the ninth floor being broken into and, unsurprisingly, it was something done by Bai Yi.

How did Bai Yi manage that...

....She thought about it but couldn't figure it out.

He really isn't simple... The feeling that he gave her earlier was very scary. For a moment, she had thought that she saw Xie Yuan Huai.

Meng Ke carefully ran out of the illusionary ninth floor. Like it was two different worlds, the ninth floor was bright and well illuminated whereas the outside was pitch-black.

She turned her flashlight on and examined the surrounding environment. She found herself standing in front of a stairwell and behind her was the underground passage that they had passed through earlier. It was the same place where she and Cheng Zhi Chu were before they somehow entered the ninth floor.

"There's the smell of blood."

The bear breathed in and smelled the air around them: "Smells fresh. It's not the blood of a corpse, it's the blood of a living person."

That must be Xin Xin or Xiao Xiao!

Meng Ke was anxious. Her hands and feet went numb. She was afraid that something had happened to Ji Yun Xiao or Meng Xin: "Can you work out where it's coming from and lead me there?"

The bear jumped off from her head. It waved its tail and trotted in front of her to lead the way. Meng Xin followed closely behind with anxiousness.

They headed over to the third floor and gradually began to hear some noises. It was then followed by a girls' scream and cries of horror. It echoed throughout the empty floor and then they heard several gunshots.

It's Xin Xin!

Meng ke's expression changed dramatically. She took out her weapon and rushed over. When she turned around the corner, she saw her sister Meng Xin and Ji Yun Xiao as well as a large number of corpses lying on the ground.

Meng Xin's arm was covered in fresh blood and she seemed to be rather severely hurt. Although she had already drunk the blood tonic, she was still bleeding, and her face was pale.

Ji Yun Xiao stood in front of her shielding her. With his crossbow, he aligned it with a corpses head and destroyed it with one hit. It was very precise but there were a lot of corpses around them. Even if they were able to deal with a lot of them, new zombies would continuously rush over surrounding the two of them.

"Sis.......sister?"

At this moment, Meng Xin seemingly sensed something and looked over. Seeing her sister, a hint of surprise and relief flashed through her face. While both smiling and crying, she said: "You're still alive. I knew you would still be alive........wu.........."

Seeing that they were still alive, Meng Ke felt relieved inside but the situation that they were faced with was rather dire. Without wasting any time, she pulled out her weapon and rushed over to the crowd of corpses.