Chapter 78: Reality (8)

The moment when Cheng Zhi Chu looked at the pair of eyes that slowly opened, even his breathing stopped.

His body started to tremble slightly, and his mind was blank. 

He was still in a state of complete shock.

But when the man quietly called out his name and raised his hand to touch his cheeks, unprecedented joy and excitement instantly took over. 

Tears instantly began to fell. He tightly held onto the man's hand and choked out the other person's name.

"Bai Yi..........."

He was so excited that he could no longer speak. He didn't say anything and just allowed tears to pour endlessly from his eyes. 

Soon, his shoulders were trembling uncontrollably. With a face covered in tears and blood, he looked particularly miserable but, no matter what he looks like, in Bai Yi's eyes he looked extremely cute.

But........

A source of heat travelled through the place where their hands were in contact. Bai Yi slowly sat up and used his thumb to wipe away Cheng Zhi Chu's tears. His action was gentle but, when he saw the blood on Cheng Zhi Chu, his eyes turned cold. 

It became dark like an abyss.

He didn't know whether or not this place was an instance that Zhi Chu had activated and he also didn't know why he was suddenly transported over but, while he wasn't around, his Zhi Chu had been hurt and was even crying.

Regardless of who hurt Zhi Chu, he will definitely destroy that person.

Killing intentions arose from within Bai Yi. His fingers tightened and, doing his best to keep his voice calm to avoid scaring Cheng Zhi Chu, he spoke softly.

"Zhi Chu, you———"

But before he was able to finish, Cheng Zhi Chu threw himself into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"............."

Feeling his warmth in his arms, Bai Yi instantly forgot what he was intending to say. An unconcealable look of surprise appeared on his face. He subconsciously tightened his grip around that thin back. At the same time, he heard the other party speak intermittently between sobs.

"You're finally back.........."

"I really made you come back........."

"Bai Yi, you'll never be trapped in the game again. You've returned to reality......."

........Back to reality?

Is it what he thinks it means?

Bai Yi was once again stunned. 

Over a few minutes, his confusion and surprise lingered. It took him a few more seconds to be able to completely process the meaning behind Cheng Zhi Chu's words.

He clenched his hand and then slowly unclenched it. Only after this, he realized that there have been some subtle changes to his current state.

Although in "Infinite Escape" his body was similar to his real body and practically had no difference, in the end it was still different and only he could tell.

And now he could feel very distinctly that he had returned to his own body. 

Then this place——-

Bai Yi's eyes looked into the distance and he saw the tombstone engraved with his name along with the soil that appeared to have been turned over.

That's right. He had returned to reality and had regained his body.