Chapter 33: Reality (4)

Cheng Zhi Chu hung up the phone with a dark expression and he returned it back to Cheng Ling Ling.

The young girl held onto the phone feeling a little scared. She didn't dare to say anything.

Her impression of her brother was that he had a very good temperament and would rarely get angry. When he talked to others, he would always be smiling. 

What on earth did that man called Gu Zhen do to make her brother make such an expression?

Although she had exchanged some words with Gu Zhen, Cheng Ling Ling was still not very familiar with him and she didn't know what happened in great detail. When she wanted to ask about it, she would always be politely rejected by Gu Zhen.

Until now, all she knew was that Gu Zhen was a senior from a neighboring school. The two had gone out but Gu Zhen had made a mistake that angered her brother. That had happened more than a year ago and they still have not reconciled.

These were all things that she had heard from Gu Zhen. As for her brother, he didn't even want to mention Gu Zhen's name and had acted like he had no relations with someone like him.

Cheng Ling Ling herself had searched Gu Zhen up on the internet. When she did, she was shocked. Turns out, Gu Zhen was not only a famous figure at an elite school, he was also very good looking and very clever. He also seems to have come from a good family background. When the school forums mentioned him, everyone would call him 'Young Master Gu'. Although it was just a nickname, she could tell that Gu Zhen indeed came from a powerful family.

So, every time she talked to Gu Zhen, even if he was polite and gentlemanly, Cheng Ling Ling couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable. Every time she refused to pass her phone over to her brother, she felt more and more pressured. This time, she could no longer withstand it and could only ask her brother to answer the call.

She didn't know why her brother would go out with Gu Zhen. She also couldn't understand why he would dump Gu Zhen. Clearly Gu Zhen is very passionate about her brother. She was even worried that if Gu Zhen was seriously angered, her brother might be killed off by him in a fit of anger.

"Brother............"

The girl hesitated for a while before finally speaking up: "What on earth happened? I haven't heard about this before. Why did you go out with another man?"

"I didn't go out with him."

Cheng Zhi Chu said this stiffly. He then felt that his attitude probably wasn't very good and that he might've scared his sister, so he paused for a moment to let his emotions calm down before letting out a hopeless sigh.

"I don't think it could be considered as going out. It didn't last for even a day. I agreed to it the night before, but I broke it off the next day. Also, we didn't see each other the whole day and only conversed through texts. Do you think that could be considered as going out?"

"............" The young girl was very surprised. She didn't respond and only said, "There was something like that? I have never heard about it."

"Don't tell mum and dad......."

Cheng Zhi Chu felt that he had not said enough so he quickly stressed: "Let me clarify first, I am straight. So, do you know why I hate him so much? He actually lied  to me for more than two months and pretended to be a girl." As he said this, he was a little annoyed, "I was played around by him like a fool."

"He pretended to be a girl?" The young girl was speechless: "You couldn't tell that he's male? Or was it because you didn't meet each other in real life so he was able to keep you in the dark for two months?"