Chapter 26: Abandoned Hospital (10)

< Xiao Chu........ >

The faint call of his name came from the depths of his memory. That illusionary figure before him stood in a pure white space and only revealed the pale porcelain-like lower half of his face. His voice spoke slowly with a gentle sigh.

< Do you still remember me? >

"Brother Yuan Huai........"

Cheng Zhi Chu's eyes were empty and unfocussed. At this moment he had become completely immersed in this hallucination. Like he had fallen into a dream, he couldn't wake up.

< Good Xiao Chu. I knew you wouldn't forget about me. >

< It must be because they hid you, that you didn't come to find me. >

< Now that everyone else is gone, you really came back. >

< Come here Xiao Chu. Come to my side. >

The figure that only had a faint online slowly extended his hand to him.

As if he was in endless daze, Cheng Zhi Chu also unconsciously reached his own hand out to hold it, but he suddenly heard something falling and making a very soft sound.

Cheng Zhi Chu was surprised, and he instantly woke up from the illusion. With his forehead covered in cold sweat, he loudly gasped for air.

He saw that the card that he was holding onto had fallen to the ground and that the words "Xie Yuan Huai" had become a little faint. A strong chill ran through his back causing him to shiver in fear.

Something wasn't right with this card. 

Earlier, it was like he was completely entranced. He didn't have even a little bit of his own consciousness.

If he had taken that man's hand earlier, he didn't know what would have happened to him........

As this thought flashed across Cheng Zhi Chu's mind, he moved his gaze and saw that his hand was currently being held tightly by another long and slender hand. The moment his saw this he felt his heart almost fly out of his throat.

Fortunately, Cheng Zhi Chu immediately realized that it was Bai Yi's hand. He guessed that it was probably Bai Yi who had pried open his hand and had taken the card away. Once again, he was saved by Bai Yi.

Realizing this, Cheng Zhi Chu felt both ashamed and moved. Just as he wanted to give Bai Yi his thanks, he suddenly felt Bai Yi use his thumb to rub the center of his palm. He then lifted his hand and dropped a soft kiss onto it.

"........."

Cheng Zhi Chu's eyes widened. His heart suddenly skipped a beat. He was completely stunned.

The soft lips pressed against the center of his palm and it brought along with it an electric-like tingling sensation. There was also a hint of warmth and dampness which made him tremble and caused his breathing to become rough.

Bai Yi, this is........What is he doing?

He's kissing his hand..........?

His thoughts were very chaotic. His first reaction was thinking that perhaps Bai Yi was also under some type of hallucination or perhaps this was the only way that he could save him. In short, there must've been some sort of compelling reason for him so that he would....... kiss......