Chapter 75: Ghost's Bride (11)

The blood red coin fell to the ground and rolled around for a while before finally revealing the devil side.

In an instant, Cheng Zhi Chu's heart stopped.

He instinctively thought that his misfortune was going to worsen and, with "Winter Branch" holding onto him, he was afraid that he was going to die right then and there.

But at this moment, Cheng Zhi Chu suddenly felt strong shaking coming from below his feet. He was surprised for a moment before realising that it wasn't his imagination and that the ground really was shaking. Even the houses on both sides of the street shook along. The doors flapped open and close, and even the trees in the yard started to sway.

This is......... an earthquake?!

Cheng Zhi Chu widened his eyes and had an incredulous look on his face. He almost didn't have the chance to catch his breath.

How bad must his luck be for him to encounter something like this in an instance?

He wouldn't be surprised if he threw the coin a few more times and a stone suddenly fell from the sky, killing him in the process.

"Creaak———"

Because it was very old, the iron fence door nearby couldn't withstand the earthquake. Along with the sound of metal breaking, the door panel broke away from the door shaft and collapsed onto the ground with a "bang".

In an instant, it crushed the severed black hand that held the coin.

The coin flew up in a shape of an arc, bounced on Cheng Zhi Chu's body and slowly rolled down his body.

The earthquake only lasted for a few seconds but many of the door panels and debris hanging from the roof had fallen, crushing the heads and bodies on the street in the process. The corpses that managed to survive this began to panic. As if they had lost their sense of direction, they uneasily wandered around in circles.

Seeing this scene, Cheng Zhi Chu suddenly realized that the coin was thrown by the severed hand earlier, not him. And thus, the bad luck brought along by the devil's face belonged to the corpses.

To him, it was a favorable situation.

The coin that had jumped back to him slowly descended down his body. Cheng Zhi Chu quickly pulled out his hand and caught the coin. Holding it tightly in his palms, he let out a sigh of relief and silently thanked the demon Chelman.

"Zhi Chu!"

The street was chaotic. From time to time, he would hear the sound of cries coming from the severed heads and dark, thick blood scattering across the ground.

The groom that was led away earlier had returned down this street and was calling out Cheng Zhi Chu's name. His voice sounded very anxious.

A group of dead bodies followed behind the groom and cleaned up the remaining bodies on the street. They seemed to have surrendered to thegroom and had become his underlings.

"Mm! Mmm———"

Cheng Zhi Chu wanted to cry out to get the grooms attention but "Winter Branch" had done something to him and had completely taken away his voice. He grabbed his wrist and slowly dragged him back.

No!

His heart tightened. He knew that he shouldn't let "Winter Branch" take him away. He quickly tossed the coin.

This time he didn't throw high. The coin fell quickly, and it fell to the clown's side after landing back in his palm.

Thank goodn——–