Chapter 31: Abandoned Hospital (15)

With the bear on her head, Meng Ke followed its instructions and walked uneasily through the ninth floor. The lights in the corridors flickered causing her heart to skip a beat very time. She was afraid that the moment the light turned back on again, something terrifying would appear right before her eyes.

The design of the ninth floor was very complicated, much like a huge labyrinth. All the corridors and rooms looked very similar making her not only lose her sense of direction, but it also messed up her sense of time. She felt like she had walked for a very long time, but it also felt short.

"Turn right."

The bear patted her head and said this in a soft voice. Compared to Meng Ke, it was quite lively and carefree. As long as Xie Yuan Huai or Bai Yi didn't appear before it, it wasn't afraid of anything else.

"Pinecone, I don't mean to doubt you........" Meng Ke whispered, "But are you sure this is the right way? "

"I'm following daddy's scent."

The bear said: "I also don't know how big the ninth floor is. I haven't been here before, but I have heard that the size of it can be changed according to the master's desire."

"Master?" Meng Ke asked. "Your master?"

"Not mine. My master is mummy. I'm referring to the hospitals master."

The bear now spoke very fluently. At times it could hardly speak and other times it could speak a lot.

"It's the man from before........" 

When it spoke of Xie Yuan Huai, its ears trembled, and its voice also became smaller.

"He is the one who controls this place. His power contaminated the entire hospital producing all those monsters. My existence is also related to him, so I can't resist him at all."

That person is this instances' boss?

Meng Ke's pupils constricted, and she started to feel anxious.

She still had not forgotten the feeling that man gave her. He was extremely terrifying. She didn't even have to courage to look at him straight into his eyes.

And now Bai Yi had chased after that person in order to save Cheng Zhi Chu. With just him alone, how would he be able to deal with such a terrifying boss?!

I must hurry and find my sister and Xiao Xiao!

Meng Ke bit her lip and no longer worried about whether the sound of her footsteps would attract monsters. She immediately started to run through the corridor hoping to reunite with the other two.

.............

[ Xiao Chu........ ]

[ Xiao Chu....... ]

A small spot of light appeared in Cheng Zhi Chu's consciousness. It floated around in the darkest part of his memory and image after image flickered in his mind. They merged and dispersed and then merged again.

Love. Happiness. Pain. Despair........

As if a Pandora's box was opened, thousands of complicated emotions rushed out, entangling and imprisoning his consciousness. Only when he was blinded by a brilliant light did he wake up from the seemingly endless dream and suddenly open his eyes.

The moment he opened his eyes, tears poured out. Although it wasn't something that he was doing intentionally, the feeling of grief remained inside him and he couldn't stop his tears.

"...........Don't cry."

A cold pale hand gently brushed against his eye and wiped away the warm tears. The hand was then gently retracted back.