Chapter 9

Another brilliantly day has passed. I prepared for school early as usual and Mom lays on the floor, rolling. "My darling, what's wrong?"

"Ha, what do you mean what's wrong?" I face the mirror to make myself look good.

"Your lunch is unfinished. Don't tell me you didn't eat with your friends?" She frowns.

Groaning in protest, I wasn't particularly good to talk about acquaintances. "If I had one like damn, I must be crazy or somewhat."

"Aww, Mom is sad," She sink her head down and I only looked at her with a soft eyes. "But anyways! Are you going now?" She stood.

"Yes, my lunchbox," I put my hand in the air.

"Here," Mom smiles and she approaches with lunchbox to me.

"Thank you, I'll be going now," As I turn around the door, Mom halted me with her sweet voice.

"Wait!" She calls.

"Hm?" I move my head.

"I'm worried about you, Y/N... Are you doing fine? You don't talk to me often about how you feel anymore..." Mom places a hand on her chest to proof that she was concerned of her cute child, which is me.

"Nothing has troubling me so far, it's great," I tell her.

Actually, I'm not sure if I was truly myself when I said that to Mom. I don't think she will ever know what's on my head.

I wanted to tell her this.

I don't think I will live the day... where I'm finally comfortable with living.

♧ ♧ ♧

Arriving at the classroom, I reach for the door to open. Myoui Mina was again, early before me. I am becoming to think this is suspicious.

"Good morning," Mina greets me nicely. With the same posture, same seat and voice.

I twitch my brows and walks in, shutting the door close in the process. "Yeah," Ignoring, I went to my seat and place my bag under the chair.

Mina speaks no more.

She had a book in her hand which I'm familiar with. I never would've imagined that she and I could be this similar. The fact that we enjoy the silence together alone is enough proof.

She's smiling a lot ever since we had our first conversation the other day.

Why does she smile like that?

And... why do I have to witness her smile?

Someone please break the ice already. I don't think normal people could handle this silence for too long.

Not that I mind it.

This is actually good.

Now that I think about it, this could be my first time to share the silence with someone.

And I can't believe that's Myoui Mina.

At that thought, I smiled with a light scoff.

Mina on the other hand puts her head on the arms in her chair and evidently glances me. A deep, heartily eyes stared at my back. It came from Mina and a satisfied grin plaster her lips.

While Mina was at it, the book she had read is all about poetry.

Mina memorized the poetry in her mind while she looks at me.

I'm not fully dressed until I wear a smile.
So...
If you think that you're existence is beautiful,

...then I want you to smile, Y/N.