Chapter 27

A/N: Wassuppp Team Mina where?!

♧ ♧ ♧

Minatozaki Sana hasn't eaten dinner yet.

The sky was dyed with dark and a showers of twinkling stars. Sana was in her room, sitting in the very corner of her bed. The lights were out and Sana puts her head onto her knees.

She was drowned by her deep thoughts. That all she could do is avoid her phone, and from everyone. She skipped school to save herself.

There was no exact plan on when she's going to go back in school. She's aware that all of us are concerned about her, but this gives me a I don't mean to trouble you, I need a rest. This kind of situation always gives me a headache.

Look, Sana. I know you're not doing this for attention but we deserve to receive an update. I usually can't keep up with waiting, but if it's really serious, I would comprehend.

This is why having a friend is troublesome.

Well, I'm not saying I considered Sana as my friend but what I was saying was an example.

Like, see what happens? Now I can't praying for Sana to be safe.

I really dislike being ignored, although I'm the one who loves ignoring texts. But wait, chill. I know Sana needs some time but be quick--

"Y/N? Can you come here for a second?" Mom calls me and I forfeited staring at my phone.

"Okay," I got up from the sofa and Mom was standing at the kitchen.

"You'll be unhappy to hear this but I was told to give this to you," I already know she had a letter in her hand, and now she's giving it to me.

"What's this?" When I felt the texture of the letter, it was thick and thoroughly detailed in words. As I flipped to find the address, I saw a criminal's name at the back.

From Dad.

I feel my blood boiling in anger. "What's this?"

"He wants to see you tomorrow night. This is a family gathering for an engagement party of your sister, Son Chaeyoung," Mom explains.

My eyes bulged open at the name, "So she's... with Dad? This is ridiculous. I'm not going to see him ever again. You know that damn well, right?"

Mom smiles melancholy, "Chaeyoung misses you, I'm sure she wants you to be there,"

"She's still young for an engagement..." My hand balls into a fist and the letter crumpled.

"I'm not going." I grunt, as if my final decision and shatters the letter into bits by bit. "Don't waste my time on this foolishness. Besides, I have more important business to take care of,"

Mom was silent, she moved her head down in misery. I couldn't get a look on her face but I what her intention is. Does she want me to go that bad?

"If you won't go... I'll tell Dad for you,"

Damn it, it's not like I can let my Mom go alone and have a meetup with Dad. She will have a mental breakdown, I'm sure. After all, Dad was responsible for everything from the start. His fault why Mom turned out like this.

The next day, I gently opened the door and I entered. Something unexpected happens to the two members, Nako gave a plushie dog to Momo and the older couldn't help but wails.

"Boo! What's this? Why, a dog all of a sudden? I suddenly remembered Boo!" Momo took the soft toy from Nako and aggressively hugs it.

"Momo senpai looks so cute when crying! Hey Y/N senpaaii~! You think so too, right?" Nako calls me out. I headed to my place and took a seat.

"I wonder," I respond coldly but under the pretense was me acting like I didn't care. So, yesterday after school, Nako was very pushy and wanted to go home with me but the two of us stopped by the store to buy some stuffs.

Nako was planning to buy a new phone case, and I found a plushie dog that Momo might like. Part of me wanted to buy it for her, but I feared this might cause a misunderstanding.

It's not that I was thinking or anything. There, I convinced Nako to buy me a dog and told her that Momo would love it.

Looking at her right now, it felt like I did it for self-satisfaction. Momo seems happy.

"Where's Mina?"

"Busy with her club. She was here just before you came. Didn't you ran into her?" The reply came from Nako, since Momo was busy in her own world, embracing her plushie dog.

"I guess I didn't. Momo, what about you? No club activity in your dance?" I ask Momo, she didn't listen to me and continued cuddling the soft toy. "This girl..."

"Senpai~! Wanna talk to me? How about play some games with me? I'm really good at it! If you play games with me, you'd fall in love,"

That lies in Nako's words simply made Momo brought back to reality and believed her. "Oh, you can do that?!"

What a gullible woman... I would never fall in love. Though, my goal is to find a girl who I can love... Where is she though?

"I'm going home." I sigh and Nako whines.

"Eeh?! Senpai~! Don't leave, it's so boring if you're not here!" Nako pouts cutely.

"So it's boring that I'm here...?" Momo lowly whispers, eyeing her in a judgmental manner.

"That's not my problem. There's enough of you to handle if there's any guests. I'm going home for real," I retrieve my bag and hang it over my shoulder and walks out of the club.

From the moment I exited the club, I sensed a familiar person standing next to the door. Her back leaned against the wall. She didn't say a word and I found myself halting at the door.

"Going home?" The question came from her mouth.

"Not yet, until I get to hear your words, Mina,"

Mina chuckles maturely, her ring finger on her lips. "Did you wish to hear my voice?"

I scoff, "Your thoughts, Mina,"

"I have information. I haven't told them yet. I went looking for Ms. Bae to inform her about Sana and she's pretty much aware of it now,"  As expected of the leader, she's diligent and a hard working student.

Mina is literally everyone's role model.

"Sana... managed to answer my call for just a second," She whispers lowly and I averted my eyes to her.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"No, we didn't stay in call that long. It wasn't easy to catch up everything she said. She was crying and bawling her eyes out... It hurts my chest but I'm guessing this is really serious," Mina replies.

Anyone would notice something is wrong with Sana. If it's serious, then we had to take action somehow. But, if I tell Mina about their relationship, that would mean that I betrayed Sana for spreading her darkest secret.

"Let's give her time to rest. She'll return to us when she's ready," I suggest and was ready to take my leave when suddenly Mina breaks her form to stop me from walking away.

"Hold on," She pleads and I turn.

"What?" I gave a cold eye.

"Y/N... I have a favor to ask you. I know a way how to save Sana," She wasn't easy to reason with. This isn't how Mina and I would occasionally talk. We would go all out for a pointless dispute and ignore each other.

"Why don't you do it?"

"It's not something I can do..." Mina frowns. I saw it in her eyes, there was hope. She had a faith in me which I find it uneasy at first. I was never the hero type of person, that saves one who needed help. "Y/N, you are more capable than me,"

"Fine... let's hear it,"

Mina smiles at my forced answer and she took a step forward, "Okay, listen carefully..." I didn't realized she went to whisper my ears, it was almost an ASMR. Her voice so soft, sweet, and bold. I feel my heart itching in a rythm.

"Sana... needs you tonight,"