Chapter 10

Sneak away.

I'm glad Sana didn't find me there or it'll be a lot more work to process my brain making up excuses.

After I had my lunch, I find myself wandering in the corridor and that's when Miss Bae Irene shows up.

"I heard. You skipped the club," She says with a bossy tone.

"I assume one of those trios must've told you," Halting with grace, I composed my position every time I'm with Miss Bae, that's because I find it not fair when she's the only radiant one between us.

"Oh, so it was true after all. Too bad, none of them reported that" She smiles in victory.

"Hm, that means I have run into a checkmate in a chess game, huh? Nice one," I praise her.

"Quit acting superior with me, you piece of shit," Irene cusses wonderfully.

"Ugh, emotional damage," I sigh in defeat.

"Stop being so goddamn stubborn and come to the club. No one thinks you're cool, Y/N," Irene gave me an attitude I never thought I'd personally face it.

"Excuse you, I'm super cool myself. Your false opinion is socially desirably gibberish," I fight back with sarcasm as I cross my arm.

"I'm--" Irene breathe and depressingly puts a hand over her eyes. "This fuck..." She says in a low voice. "Okay listen here you little shit--"

Before Miss Irene and I could get into a verbal abuse argument, a certain young, feminine steps in and interrupted the moment. "Hey, uh, Miss Bae?"

"Yes, yes, sorry. Thank god you're here," Irene was still emotionally daunted and I watch the girl who had arrived.

"You're...? Oh! It's you..! Hey, you remember me?" This girl spoke at me with a big smile. It was slightly intimidating to know I was pretty popular, in theory.

"You are..." I look at her to confirm.

"Im Nayeon from 3MIX Idol group. She will be your classmate, Y/N," Irene explains, already moved on from the childish fight we had just a second ago.

"Ooh, I'm honored to meet you," I greet her.

"We met just a month ago, didn't we? You've forgotten already?" Nayeon's big eyes were filled with hopes and wonder, overall she was excited.

The photo... she's that girl on the photo... Yes, we met a month ago. Im Nayeon from 3MIX.

"You two met before?" Irene moves her head.

"Yes, during the high touch event!" Nayeon answers for me and all I could do was remain quiet.

The memories are floating back into my head and it puts my mood off. I was faintly beyond frustrated, not because of Nayeon but it had something to do with the high touch event.

"Ooh, you're a fan Y/N, huh? Even you would take interest in them?" Irene teases.

"You're Y/N... huh?" Thanks to Miss Irene, she knows my name now but that didn't matter.

"If there's nothing else, I'll go back to my classroom," I tell.

"Y/N," One call from Miss Bae was already my first warning. Even without saying anything, I could already feel the danger in her eyes and at this point, I couldn't fight her anymore.

"Fine. I'll go to the club room." I say forcefully and walk away.

♧ ♧ ♧

And finally, I've decided to take my first step as a member of the Helper's Club. Seriously though, even if Miss Irene hasn't done that, I would still show up in the club to prove that I am determined for a deed somehow.