Chapter 38

A/N: opinion on this y/n??

♧ ♧ ♧

You can see what's written in the sign "Thank you for not sitting" hung on the wall. Sadly, there are students who never follow the rules and sits on the stairs anyway.

Especially me and Sana.

Although, we're few distance apart to avoid skinships or physical contact. Its length of the stairs were about just 10 inches and only two person at a time to intersecting it. Sana and I sat on the very corner from each other, as if we are afraid of such things called intimacy.

"I heard... you quit Helper's Club," Sana starts a conversation and I couldn't look at her in the eye. Why would I after what I've done?

"Yeah," I coldly responded.

"Are you sure... you won't come back?" There was sadness tone in her voice. The voice I had thought was just cheerful and smiley, touched my cold sheer heart.

"...Yeah," I continue to answer dryly.

At that, Sana grabs the hem of her skirt and I heard her mumble. "We're gonna miss you..."

"It's not like I'm dead or whatever. You can still see me in school. Talk about emotional," I scoff, but that's just me hiding my feelings.

"The atmosphere there won't be the same,"

"Then, adjust and get used to it,"

"That... only applies to you.. not us," She says and I agree. "You've been very useful to us, in the club..."

Manipulative, are we? This is why I don't like getting attached. Saying goodbye's will be so difficult for an individual to do.

"But, even if I still stayed in the club, doesn't make a difference, does it?" I was talking about my relationship with Nako and Momo.

"Or... you want me to apologize to them?" My deep voice somewhat startled her and quickly shakes her head.

"Th-that's not what I'm saying but.. yesterday when you left, the student council members entered Helper's Club and talked to Mina face to face," Sana tells.

"The student council... why?" I ask, it's not like I'm curious or anything.

"I wasn't allowed to overheard things so one of the council members kept me from doing so. But... I sensed it might be something very serious..." Sana frowns.

How miraculous. The student council never do their job as a leader and help our school environment for the better. Funny, I guess this is about the disbandment because of my bad actions.

"Did you asked Mina about it?"

"She just smiled at me and said 'One shall not be concerned such unnecessary things, Sana. It is my responsible, as a leader to take care of the small trouble,'" Sana explains.

Silence was my only reply.

As expected of Mina, reliable and smart just as usual... She's amazing in every aspects...

She acted like the quietest girl in the world, but actually she was a kind hearted girl who everyone needs in their life. That's exactly what made me want to observe more into things she said. She is very mysterious and secretive. I never want to pay my attention off of her. I'm always curious of her thoughts.

Apparently, my middle school-era experience had made me throw all out on someone and to avoid repeating the same history again. It has completely become a habit of mine to push people away, even there are things that my brain needs to be awakened the reality.