Chapter 21

A/N: What's ur favorite song? I need an inspiring song to continue this story skskskd

♧ ♧ ♧

The two idiots who had already left us behind safely made it out of the old school, halted for an air. Momo held her palpitating chest while Sana, regretfully looking back at the door and wails. "Oh no...! W-we just left without them!"

"Crap! What should we do?! There's no way I can go back! Let's call for help, wait... we're a Helper's Club!" Momo lamented, shaking her head to the left and to the right.

"Th-they're fine! I'm sure of it! They're gonna be fine! We don't have to worry about them!" Sana confronted but it didn't seem to register Momo's panicked brain.

Meanwhile, No... we're absolutely not fine...

The room is permeated with heat, causing us to breathe heavily and the surge of sweat flows every last inch of our body. Reminiscing there could be a horrible benefit out of this, I found a torn cardboard for myself but I passed it to Mina.

"Fan yourself with this," I told her. Mina took a seat on the floor at the very side of the room, further from me. "The door won't budge no matter what we do. Therefore, we'll just have to wait until someone opens the door from the outside,"

"Uhm," For the first time in her life, she was struck speechless at my kindness. Mina watches me take a seat on the floor. As if such boundaries exists between us, we looked away from each other.

I never thought the day would come for me to get trapped with a girl in the same room...

It almost feel suffocating because it was too hot, I find myself jerking the clothes for a cool but it didn't work any better.

"So, this is your first time with a girl? Your face says it all," Mina begins to throw me another brand new insult which I was practically ready for. With a playful smirk, she gracefully fans herself.

"Not at all, things like this happens very often so I'm used to it," I keep the conversation safe and friendly. At times like this, truce is much a better option than insulting each other.

"I understand. So in other words, you're a womanizer?"

I wasn't particularly ticked off by her mere insults. I feel my nerves shaking, all I could do is swallow my emotions and clicks my tongue as I thought in my head.

I wish I shouldn't have lent this bitch a ripped cardboard...

It was satisfying for Mina to indulge in the feeling of mocking my existence. And once I've decided to shut my mouth for the entire moment, Mina glanced at me when I pull out my phone to contact Sana or Momo.

"Say something interesting, Y/N," Mina pleads and hugs her knees.

"I don't entertain for anyone, sorry." I coldly rejected, but that didn't stop Mina from being persistent.

"That's boring," The weigh in her words was far from comforting, however I couldn't care less.

"Then, maybe someone should replace me in this situation. Someone who is funny, good at talking, someone who can lift this mood into a paradise, and someone who makes the first move. Sorry it's just me," I said all those in a mumbling voice and that made Mina cracks a small chuckle.

"No way," My eyes bulged open at her words. "I didn't unmistakably say that you're boring, in fact, you don't have to feel sorry. I'm really glad it's you. If it were somebody else, I would have done something awful and terrific since I am as introverted as you are. With you, I don't have to force myself to become someone I'm not, because I'm free to do what I want because I know you don't care,"