Chapter 45

A/N: I appreciate to the readers who is still waiting for my updates even though I'm kind of slow because of personal problems:( I hope you'll stick with me till the end<3

♧ ♧ ♧

My Mom was setting the table. It was dinner time and I casually stared at the plate in front of me. A glass of water reflected my face, and even humbly, I look more stunning than average but my eyes were most not certainly alive at the moment.

"Did you call Chaeyoung?" My Mom asks, still in her cute apron.

"She said she'll eat later," I sigh, already lifted my spoon. Sort of satisfied that me and Mom were alone, deep conversations are likely to happen just as we usually do in normal days.

While I leisurely began my dinner, Mom looks at me dearly with her poor, suffering eyes. "I see you changed a little, hm?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're home a little late since you've gotten closer with those three girls," Mom giggles. "I want to know what happened,"

How should I tell her from the start? Should I start by saying 'It's complicated'? or maybe a 'long story' is more convincing. "There's a lot to say,"

"Are you finally getting girlfriend, Y/N?" After I heard those words, I never been this quick to strongly deny and but I'm careful not to make mistakes around Mom. I throw very sensitive words that people don't like to hear.

Because once you've said it, there's no taking back.

"No, never." Confident, I'm pretty sure part of me was taking the pride of my own words. My heart was at eased, to be able to say things I want to say but on that note, Mom frowned.

"Aw, why not? I'd be very proud of you!"

"...Quit buzzing me with that. I've made up my mind not to waste my time on that bullshit," Bluntly, my voice went colder.

"Why?"

Simple. Relationships are messy. Dating must be fun at first, but it's cruel at the end. That's why I stay away from that toxic event. People get hurt from it, especially I'm someone who is tough in the outside but soft on the inside.

Don't get me wrong, I never said love should not be tolerated. There are different kinds of love, but the love I'm talking about are young people who are still ignorant in this world.

Love is a war.

Don't enter... or you'll die.

It's dangerous, don't be blinded by it.

It will never be easy to forget the person, who once crossed the bridge with you to the wonderland.

Once you've entered that war zone, the scars takes time to heal.

Pathetic teenagers who chose love quickly at a young age, should just shut the fuck up and learn how to enjoy their life first...

Quietly, I scoff and gazed my Mom. "I bet you never experienced love, do you? Quit forcing me things you don't even know," I know I was harsh this time, for real.

I'm aware that I'm the problem most of the time, frankly, the world is even wrong here.

Her eyes flared open with a soundless wheeze and her face falls. "I... just want my one and only child to experience youth that I didn't get to have..."

Certainly, anyone could feel her pain when her voice slightly cracked. Wanting to take my words back, my Mom suddenly stood and she walks to my side.

"I'm really glad your knowledge is vast... but I want to see you happy the most, Y/N..." Her voice was really soft that it opened my heart.

I feel my face getting warm when my Mom stroked my cheeks. We stared at each other. I want to protect this smile, my Mom.

Every time I looked at her in the eye, I feel like she also deserved a better kid than me.

"...Would you be proud of me if I have a lover, Mom?"

"I would!"

"But what about you? It's like I'm leaving you behind.."

"Even so... Mom will always support you no matted what. It's the mother's job after all to sacrifice for their children~" Mom smiles.

"You're enough...!"

"Don't worry about me Y/N. You're the reason why..." My suicide attempts failed. "I choose to stay alive in this evil world," Definitely, her words had different meanings which I failed to comprehend.

See, even Mom said the world is evil.

"Thank you, Mom," I smile. My Mom returned to her seat after seeing my adorable face, our dinner continued in silence.

♧ ♧ ♧

The question is why?

Why.

Why?

Why is Momo confessing to me all of a sudden?

Wasn't she supposed to be a tsundere girl, who acts like she doesn't care?

I hope things won't be awkward. Let's just pretend nothing happened at all. The second day of exam started. It was a relief that Momo and I didn't run into each other when she had arrived.

"Let's begin now, who's ready?" Miss Bae will be the one who watches us.

And of course, our response were boring and lack of energy. However, that didn't apply to me because I slept and ate well.

Glancing behind, I feel Momo looking at me.

For some reason, I can't stop thinking about yesterday. Damn it. What's going on here? My goodness, is this where my romantic life begin? What a terrible timing...

Especially, Momo.. the most feared student in this school.

I've gotta focus. Ignore her, ignore Momo.

Don't lose yourself, Y/N. You are a cool person. This does not affect you.

On the other hand, while Momo was giving me an eye flirt. Mina already knew what was going on. "Momo, you seem happy?"

"Yeah? I think I'm in love," Momo chuckles in a brightest way.

"I-I've never seen Momo this happy!" Sana gasps. "Kyah~! Who is it? Who is it? Tell me!"

Mina must be ranting her voice out in the head, Get a hint. Momo is obviously in love with Y/N, Sana.

"Not telling you~" Momo teases that makes poor Sana whine.

"Whaat~?"

Mina shows a warm smile, "Anyhow, it's really normal to see someone falling in love. You're really genuine and feminine, huh?"

"If I tell you, you guys will take my baby away from me. So it's a no," Momo warns.

"Why would we do that?!" Sana, who still had no clue whatsoever.

Mina smirks, her competitiveness arouses. "We'll see about that," Although, her voice is a whisper, no one seemed to hear it.

"I'll show you what I can do, Y/N. Prepare yourself," Momo grins.

And so... the war begins.