Chapter 20

♧ ♧ ♧

"How did you guys know where I am?" We reluctantly headed to the old Jinjikou school.

"Mina told us you'd be somewhere out," Sana answers promptly, though I'm taken aback at her statement.

"Curious, are we? It's not really normal for a high school girl to be this useful at times," The way she gracefully flipped her hair, shows that she took pride in her deeds.

"Mina was listening to the background noises in your call, and that's where she finds out," Momo stated. "So cool, right?"

That's beyond cool, honestly. No one is sharp enough to pull it off. I'm amazed. I knew she would do something like this. For that reason as much as any other, I refuse to feel so low.

I noticeably sighed uninterested, "Where are we going? What's with the sudden meeting?"

"First year C Class, Yabuki Nako came earlier," Mina informs.

"Nako...? Ah, that chibi girl?" I looked up the heaven.

"You knew her?"

"Sort of. I never talked to her though," I talk.

At that, Mina mocks a chuckle. "She must be disgusted to even talk to you in the first place and I don't blame her,"

"I blame you for assuming that..." I defend.

"Nako chan is adorable after all! It's natural she would have a lot of friends," Sana smiles.

"You also have a lot of friends too, right Sana?" That one comment from Momo made the girl wheeze in an instant and quiet.

"Well... yeah, something like that," She seems forced to answer that and the clueless Momo was being insensitive.

Oy... read the room, idiot.

As the life flowed out of me, we've arrived the place where it turns out to be the old school of Jinjikou High. That's when a terrifying chill began to descend, but only Sana and Momo.

"Th-this is it?" The vibrant haired girl gulped.

"It is really haunted...!" Momo's voice shaken.

"Y/N, open the rusty gate. I can't allow myself to touch something dirty. You're more suitable for this role," Mina turns at me.

"You bullying me is definitely the reason why I shouldn't have come. What am I to you? Your personal punching bag?" I mumble lowly.

"Oh, you mistook me. I never said anything of the sort. But looking closely, you do resemble this ugly old gate-" She said things so serious that I almost took it personally.

"No, no... what does hurting my feelings do any good to you?" I sigh relentlessly.

"Oh? I thought you're a masochist that enjoys pain?" Mina gave you a suspicious glance and slightly lift her lips into a seductive smile.

"Not in the slightest, such low ass insult don't affect me for being the cutest human on Earth," I crossed an arm, then the next thing is Mina and I are making intense eye contact.

"Geez, you two stop mocking each other and open the gate already so we can get over it!" Momo wails in fear.

Upon that nonsensical argument with Mina, I had no choice but to take action of opening the gates for the girls. It was sticky and rusty as if it hasn't been cleaned for decades.

"Well? How does it feel to touch your soul?" The sarcasm still belongs to Mina, who isn't done insulting me yet.

Forming an irritant expression, I look at Mina. "I'm a human of culture and no simp. I don't care if you're pretty, I will shove my hands to your face,"