But Life Is Far Away From Fair

Beloved UA Teacher Dies Protecting Civilians

Here One Moment, Gone The Next

We Farewell Hero Flare

Destined For Greatness

I gag a little reading over the countless newspapers Dabi has lying around his kitchen. I toss them aside and scatter them into the air. I shoot a bolt of plasma at them and they crumble to the ground.

It has been a week since I faked my death leaving nothing but a pile of ash behind. The heroes bought it as far as I'm aware, probably glad to be rid of me.

Dabi leans over from the other side of the counter, watching me with fascination. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

I give him an annoyed look. "Just didn't expect to wake up to read shit like this," I comment.

"You'll get your revenge." He says.

"I just want everyone to know how corrupt those heroes really are. I want everyone to see what kind of monsters they really are."

Dabi brings a single finger up under my chin, tilting it up to look him in the eyes. "You and me both." 

I pull my face away from his finger. Ever since he brought me back here he has been overly affectionate which I don't know how to respond to. One part of me craves it, longing for my dead friend and the other part of me is wary. Dabi is a villain and has been living this lifestyle for a long time. He must have other motives.

He raises an eyebrow at me before giving a small shrug of his shoulders. 

I get off my seat and start pacing around the room. The windows have been blacked out with sheets of wood and most of the furniture is broken. I really gave up my life of comfort to sleep on a broken bed where the springs dig into my back.

"Please stop that," He says. "You're giving me a headache."

I stop and snap my head at him. "I'm bored shitless. I can't go outside during the day in case someone recognizes me and you don't exactly have anything here to entertain me with."

"What did you expect was going to happen? I stayed at your house for a reason. If I'd known you'd throw it all away, I would have taken some of that furniture first."

I let out a sigh. "I didn't quite think it through before I did what I did," I say quietly.

He snorts before walking over to me. He looks me in the eyes. "You were always spontaneous. It used to drive Endeavor up the wall."

"Bad habits die hard." I laugh.

"They sure do," he answers but he seems distracted. He brings his fingers up to play with a strand of my hair. "I can also think of something you can entertain yourself with."

I roll my eyes and move away from him once again. I sit down on the torn and broken couch. I peer through a small gap in the boarded-up window. 

"Don't be shy now, Mrs. Todoroki." He purrs.

"That was a long time ago and that was for a guy named Touya. He's dead now as you've informed me." I say.