What Would They Say Instead?

The principal had agreed to let me stay inside the barrier on a few more conditions than what I had originally agreed to. It was the conversation with Natsuo that made me realize that I wasn't the only one being put in danger if I didn't agree to the terms.

One: I have to remain in the apartment at all times and the only time I am able to leave is with an approved hero. This includes Best Jeanist, Endeavor, Fatgum, Hawks, and Eraserhead.

Two: I have to wear a tracker at all times as well just in case I try to make a run for it. It will beep if I step outside of the apartment.

Three: There are to be no unauthorized guests to visit or be allowed into the apartment. Shoto Todoroki is the only approved guest as it is his family lives there.

Four: I am forbidden to use my quirk. This is an understandable one since I could easily take down a whole apartment complex if I let it get out of hand.

And lastly, five: If my cover is broken or if more people become aware that a member of the League of Villains is inside the barrier, I will be publicly arrested and detained. I've been advised that if I put up a fight, it will not end well. This also applies if I breach any of these terms.

The sun is beginning to set but I've barely noticed. The rain started yesterday and hasn't seemed to have let up. Rei is close by my side as we walk through the doors of the UA Barrier. I hold onto her hand for support.

"I'm scared," I whisper to her.

She gives my hand a quick squeeze. "I know you do, I can feel how hot your skin is."

I try to pull my hand away from hers but she only grips it tighter. "Sorry, sometimes I can't help it."

"It's okay, you used to do the same thing when you were a child. I remember when you're mother came to pick you up one day and you were burning so hot, I thought you had a temperature."

"I always hated that part," I say as we get closer to the apartment we're going to call home. "She would drag me home just to forget about me."

"Do you still hear from your parents?"

I shake my head. "Last I heard, my father passed away a couple of years ago and my mother well seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth since then. The last time I properly spoke to them was the day before my sports festival at UA."

She nods. "I remember watching you from my room. I was so proud of you but that boy really screwed it up for you."

"I think I put too much pressure on myself and screwed it up for myself but what happened after seemed unfair. I think I've been a spiraling mess since then."

"I wish I had been there for you, for all of you. I'm sorry," she says.

"Please don't apologize to me. I'm not your child."

"But I think I did help raise you."

"With how much time I spent at your house, I would agree with that." I smile a little. "Sorry for all the trouble that Touya and I caused you as children,"

"And, as adults." Natsuo chimes in from in front of us.

"I didn't ask you," I say pulling a face at him.

Endeavor is waiting for us outside along with the principal. He gives a big smile as we come to stand under the awning of the building.

"It's nice to finally meet the rest of the Todoroki family," Principal Nezu says.

"Thank you for allowing us to stay here,"

"No, no. It's the least we can do. Endeavor here was a great student back in the day, from what I've heard and Shoto will become a great hero." he says before looking at me. "Glad to have you back,"