I Saw Them Standing Right There

Dabi has been different since that meeting with Hawks and Endeavor. He barely acknowledges my presence and won't even sleep in the same room as me. Every time I try to talk to him about it, he walks out of the room.

I sigh, dropping down on the couch beside Twice. Shigaraki is busy watching the news to pay attention to us.

"You look sad," Twice comments. "I noticed Dabi has been a little cold to you."

"A little cold is an understatement. He's straight up ignoring me." I let out an annoyed laugh.

"What an ass," he says. "Do you have any idea why he's not talking to you?"

I shake my head and look over at the TV. They are still covering the incident from the other day.

"Let's punch him in the face!" he jumps up but quickly sits back down. "You're too good for that crispy villain."

I laugh at his comment. "Thank you,"

"Date me instead!" He yells.

Shigaraki jumps a little at the sudden sound, he half turns in his chair to glare at us. "Can you two keep it down I'm trying to listen?" He snarls.

Twice gives him a thumbs up and I give him a slight nod. His eyes narrow at me.

"Don't let his pathetic behavior distract you." He says.

I raise an eyebrow. "Thanks for the helpful advice."

Toga leans over the back of the couch, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"Yeah, Shigaraki is right. Don't be sad." She says happily.

Shigaraki looks back at the television. "That's not what I said." He mumbles to himself.

"I'm not sad," I state. "Just annoyed."

Toga squeezes me tightly. "Do you want me to remove all his staples when he sleeps?"

"Can I help?" Twice asks.

Toga pats him on the head. "Of course."

I let out a small laugh. "He'd fry the both of you which would piss chapped lips, over there, off," I whisper.

"I can hear you," Shigaraki says without turning around.

Compress walks in, tipping the top of his hat to us on the couch before taking a seat at the table. Dabi comes in after him, he avoids all eye contact with me. He takes a seat in the corner of the room.

"Wanna make out, (y/n)?" Twice blurts out.

Dabi's eyes lift up and stare directly at me for the first time in days. They are narrowed and are watching my every move.

I stand up, not breaking eye contact with him. "Thanks for the offer, Twice but not tonight," I say. "I'm gonna head off to sleep now."

Dabi's eyes flick to the door and then back to me. He finally looks away as though to say he doesn't care. I walk out of the room and slip down the hallway.

As I reach my room, a hand grabs me by the shoulder and pushes me into the wall. Dabi's eyes are fixed on me with a look of anger smeared across his face.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"I need to talk to you," he says quietly.

"Oh, now you want to talk."

He pulls me away from the wall and into our room. "Don't get smart with me. I have been busy the last few days."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "So busy you couldn't look at me or speak to me."

He moves in closer to me and I don't react. "I've had a lot on my mind. I was also meeting with bird boy."

"Do you really think it's wise to see him alone?" I say. "I'm not doubting your abilities but he's not the number 2 hero for nothing."

"I don't want you coming with me. You're too close to him."

I'm a little taken aback by his comment. "I've never been close with Hawks. I mean I've worked with him a couple of times but that's it."

Dabi snorts. "I saw the way he looked at you the other day. I don't want you anywhere near him."

My arms drop away from my chest and a smirk grows on my face. "I see what this is all about. You're jealous."

He huffs and looks away from me. "I don't get jealous."

I move in closer to him and place my hand on his arm. "Then, let me come with you."

His glare moves back to me. "No,"

"That just confirms what I said then. You're jealous of Hawks, end of story."

He snatches my arm and pulls me into his body, holding me tightly. "I don't get jealous but I don't like the way he looks at you."

"What? The same way you look at me?"

His face comes down to mine and his mouth is only a couple of inches from mine. "Exactly,"

"I don't think he's dumb enough to try and take me away from you," I whisper, holding eye contact.

A smirk grows on his face. "So, you're admitting that you're mine?"

"You really know how to ruin the mood," I say trying to pull my arm away from his.

He tightens his grip. "I'm gonna make sure that bird brain and every other hero and villain know that you're all mine." He growls.

"And how are you going to do that exactly?"

He runs his tongue over his bottom lip with a mischievous smirk. "Just relax and let me show you."

I slip my hand down into his and intertwine our fingers. He leads me over to the bed, and the back of my legs come in contact with it. I stare into his eyes. He pulls my shirt over my head and we are caught in perfect silence as we undress each other.

I carefully run a finger down the burn on his chest and he watches me with amusement. I can't help but feel a little guilty about these. I should've been there for him. The skin is so rough and hard compared to the undamaged skin that covers his body.

He nudges my head to the side with his own as I continue to touch his burns. His lips connect with the skin on my neck and I let out a quiet sigh, enjoying the feeling of being so close to him again.

He starts to bite and suck on my neck and I close my eyes. His arms wrap around my waist, drawing me in even closer to his own body. I run my hands up into his hair, getting a good grip.

He buries his face, deeper into the crook of my neck and his grip tightens on me. I notice his body is slightly shaking. I let go of his hair and try to pull back from him.

"Dabi, are you okay?" I ask.

This question only makes him tighten his grip on me. "Just give me a minute." He says quietly.

I place my hand on his upper back, slowly rubbing it. "Take your time."

"I don't want pity," he growls.

I nod but keep silent.

"Was this all a mistake?" he finally whispers.